Post by Sokonomi » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:36 pm

I was wondering if there is a setting somewhere that stops it from sending the customer an email when I alter their order. The changes I make are rarely relevant to the customer, so id rather not have it poke them about it.

Post by maier » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:32 pm

Sorry but it is important for the customer if YOU change HIS order.
And it is important for YOU that your customer know about your changes because if you change without knowledge/permission your order is not valid (before law) for the customer.

If you need this function anyway so you need a code modification. (It's not in the standard)

OpenCart Certified-Partner for AT, CH, DE and RU.

Post by Sokonomi » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:49 pm

If I have to edit an order remark because some cow decided to plop down a mile of HTML code due to some ignorant copy/pasting, that's wholly my business. Nobody wants a 6 foot invoice with illegible crap, laws or not. And id rather not catch another "Holy crap I got a notification, so what changed??" email from that particular customer and having to explain to them how they screwed something up. Believe me, this happens often enough for me to go looking for a way to do this quietly.

So I guess ill be looking at some code modifications then.

Thanks.

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:10 pm

maier wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:32 pm
Sorry but it is important for the customer if YOU change HIS order.
And it is important for YOU that your customer know about your changes because if you change without knowledge/permission your order is not valid (before law) for the customer.
Sounds like the OP knows what they're doing here.

OP you could ask on the Commercial Support forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom