Post by Sokonomi » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:39 pm

Ive been testing my new store a bit and I would like to reset the counter on everything when I go live.
Is there a way to flush all 'used' invoice and order numbers?

Post by Wid » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:49 pm

i would 'TRUNCATE' 4-5 db tables from phpmyadmin

take a visit to My Modules !

Wid

Location - Athens/Greece

Post by Sokonomi » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:54 pm

I can do that, though i'd be a little worried about mucking up a bunch of correlations.

I have found on a different thread that simply changing the invoice prefix would start a new counter, though that doesn't reset the order number. Ordernumber isnt super important, but for tidiness' sake it would be nice if I could make a fresh start when I go live with it. :clown:

Post by straightlight » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:56 pm

You do address a good point where the store configuration should contain a test trigger for the orders so not to confront those orders with a real order when the store goes live. An interesting idea aside the comments that can already be added into the orders which would avoid on having to read each comments knowing which orders are test orders and which ones would rather be about the real deal.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Sokonomi » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:03 pm

A "sandbox" mode in opencart, where all debug and cache is geared for development. And once you flip the switch to "live", it would clean itself out, maybe run a little diagnostic to make sure all is shipshape. I would have loved that.

But for now ill just have to kick the ol' database the old fashioned way. Just need to figure out where the boot goes. :clown: