Post by BrandEvo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:37 am

So I've got a really strange ( to me) issue that has occurred. I have had a OpenCart based site for 5 years.. So while I am not new to OC, the latest version perhaps IS new to me.

I decided to build a new version of my store on a development domain and then move it to the live domain when it was ready. So after months of tweaking, testing and getting everything just right, I zipped it all up, moved my new Open Cart 3.0.2.0 domain to it's LIVE URL.. imported my DB, changed my config files... the site appeared, but a few of my custom modifications don't show up. They are installed, files are there... but it's as if they don't exist.

I've cleared out my cache folder.. system/storage/cache - but I noticed there is also a storage folder outside of my /public_html folder that I had to move..

So is this a cache issue? I've tried clicking the GEAR icon, clearing my theme cache, the SASS cache. What else could it be?

Is there is a special way to clear the cache folder? Is there is a method of moving OC 3.0.2.0 that I am missing? Really frustrating!

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:43 am

So is this a cache issue? I've tried clicking the GEAR icon, clearing my theme cache, the SASS cache. What else could it be?
Admin - > extensions - > modifications - > refresh button.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by BrandEvo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:44 am

Admin - > extensions - > modifications - > refresh button.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I've done that too..

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:46 am

Have you also followed these instructions from the Marketplace topic before posting: viewtopic.php?f=176&p=717782#p717782 ?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by BrandEvo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:57 am

Clarification:

- Make a full backup of your site and its database
- Close your FTP session.
- Set your site under maintenance from the OC admin
- Remove your outside storage folder from your host's file manager console (not from FTP!) ( DELETE via File manager ? )
- Remove your system/storage folder from your host's file manager console (not from FTP!)( DELETE via File manager ? )
- Re-upload your system/storage folder from the OC ZIP file downloaded from opencart.com and read the install.txt file included in the ZIP file for the proper folder permissions settings (must be set recursively). ( Is this a special archive OR do I just download OC 3.0.2.0 and upload only the system/storage folder? )
- Edit your config.php and admin/config.php files to set the target folders back to the storage/folder - currently I am using define('DIR_STORAGE', '/home/shopcvr/storage3020/');
- Go back to the OC admin, the Modal Security window should display again.
- Do NOT choose automatic settings but choose: manual.
- Refollow the provided post: viewtopic.php?f=202&t=201745#p713479
- Remove site maintenance from the OC admin

This should resolved the issue.

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:08 am

- Remove your outside storage folder from your host's file manager console (not from FTP!) ( DELETE via File manager ? )
- Remove your system/storage folder from your host's file manager console (not from FTP!)( DELETE via File manager ? )
Clearly indicated it's from the host's file manager console. Yes, from the File Manager.

Re-upload your system/storage folder from the OC ZIP file downloaded from opencart.com and read the install.txt file included in the ZIP file for the proper folder permissions settings (must be set recursively). ( Is this a special archive OR do I just download OC 3.0.2.0 and upload only the system/storage folder? )
Already indicated to re-upload the system/storage folder but I will add that this folder needs to be re-uploaded to its original location.
Edit your config.php and admin/config.php files to set the target folders back to the storage/folder - currently I am using define('DIR_STORAGE', '/home/shopcvr/storage3020/');
If the folder is already outside your public_html folder as indicated, then do not use the automatic settings from the modal security window. Choose the manual option and ensure to follow the topic about the manual process.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:09 am

Already indicated to re-upload the system/storage folder but I will add that this folder needs to be re-uploaded to its original location.
Done.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by BrandEvo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:21 am

I appreciate all of your help. The solution that I discovered myself, came from deleting "mods.cache" file in the /vqmod folder.

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:22 am

Thanks. I will add it to the instructions as well regarding VQMod.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON