Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:29 am

If no extensions suits your needs on the Marketplace based on your specific request, you could always create a new Service Request in the Commercial Support section of the forum or contact me directly to get this done as a custom job.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by nightwing » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:00 am

OK I will check the marketplace again.
straightlight wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:29 am
If no extensions suits your needs on the Marketplace based on your specific request, you could always create a new Service Request in the Commercial Support section of the forum or contact me directly to get this done as a custom job.

Regards,
Nightwing
Access to my Free Extensions: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... =nightwing


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:08 pm


Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:12 am

Communicated with the user to provide alternate Marketing solutions with affiliates by using extensions on the Marketplace. The first post from seanstorm100 will now be set to solved.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by nightwing » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:28 pm

That's correct, thanks
straightlight wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:12 am
Communicated with the user to provide alternate Marketing solutions with affiliates by using extensions on the Marketplace. The first post from seanstorm100 will now be set to solved.

Regards,
Nightwing
Access to my Free Extensions: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... =nightwing


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:08 pm


Post by head_dunce » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:56 pm

Wait, so I have to manually approve something on the order for the affiliate commission to happen?

Jim
https://www.carguygarage.com
Yahoo Store since 2006 moved to OpenCart on January 24, 2020


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:50 pm

Post by straightlight » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:02 pm

head_dunce wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:56 pm
Wait, so I have to manually approve something on the order for the affiliate commission to happen?
Always has been the case from the core, yes. Otherwise, you either require an extension for automated tasks or by using a service.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by nightwing » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:20 am

head_dunce,
In OCv3.0.3.2, I see an option in System>Settings(Edit)>Options Tab>Scroll Down to Affiliates Section>Automatic Commission: [Yes or No]
Image
https://pasteboard.co/J3E7swQ.png

If "No" is selected you would have to go to each order (Under Sales) and Press the eye icon to view then to the top right you will see "Affiliate" with a plus button, hitting that plus button would add their commission if this order was made using an Affiliate Link. You will also see how much this affiliate will earn from this order beside the plus icon.
Image
https://pasteboard.co/J3E6wTG.png

However, if this is set to "Yes", the store will add it for you (Affiliate will receive an email).
head_dunce wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:56 pm
Wait, so I have to manually approve something on the order for the affiliate commission to happen?

Regards,
Nightwing
Access to my Free Extensions: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... =nightwing


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:08 pm


Post by head_dunce » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:02 am

Uh, so one guy says I have to manually approve them -- and the other says it's automatic... :laugh: ... :crazy: --so helpful....

Jim
https://www.carguygarage.com
Yahoo Store since 2006 moved to OpenCart on January 24, 2020


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:50 pm

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:17 am

head_dunce wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:02 am
Uh, so one guy says I have to manually approve them -- and the other says it's automatic... :laugh: ... :crazy: --so helpful....
Yes, it can be automated this way but you'd also have to know the defined amount for each customer groups where the affiliates are being placed to as opposed to manual approval. Where one-to-other users could have different versions strategically, if there are adjustments that needs to be made, order modifications would need to be made twice instead of once where the first would be automatic and the second one would be manual on anyhow instead of defining the commission value on first sight.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by head_dunce » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:03 am

straightlight wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:17 am
Yes, it can be automated this way but you'd also have to know the defined amount for each customer groups where the affiliates are being placed to as opposed to manual approval. Where one-to-other users could have different versions strategically, if there are adjustments that needs to be made, order modifications would need to be made twice instead of once where the first would be automatic and the second one would be manual on anyhow instead of defining the commission value on first sight.
Uhhh... << profanity removed >>?!?! I assume you know what you mean, but just know that I don't know what you know you mean. :laugh: I'm gonna guess that everything is fine, and let more affiliates sign up. Hopefully nothing backfires.
Last edited by straightlight on Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed profanity.

Jim
https://www.carguygarage.com
Yahoo Store since 2006 moved to OpenCart on January 24, 2020


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:50 pm

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:30 am

head_dunce wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:03 am
straightlight wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:17 am
Yes, it can be automated this way but you'd also have to know the defined amount for each customer groups where the affiliates are being placed to as opposed to manual approval. Where one-to-other users could have different versions strategically, if there are adjustments that needs to be made, order modifications would need to be made twice instead of once where the first would be automatic and the second one would be manual on anyhow instead of defining the commission value on first sight.
Uhhh... << profanity removed >>?!?! I assume you know what you mean, but just know that I don't know what you know you mean. :laugh: I'm gonna guess that everything is fine, and let more affiliates sign up. Hopefully nothing backfires.
Yup, same here. Topic now set to solved.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by tingwing » Wed May 13, 2020 2:01 pm

you need to go to system-setting-option-account-Customer Groups,click "affiliate" group for sign up page. and then at affiliate signup page ,customer will auto-select affiliate group.
head_dunce wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:13 am
I'm starting to get affiliates as of this week too. Oddly I set up a user group called "Affiliates" and associated it to anyone signing up as an affiliate, but they still get dumped into the default group so I have to manually change them before I approve them.

my extension:https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... estshop24h
email :support@bestshop24h.com
site:http://www.bestshop24h.com


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:01 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests