Post by dexus » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:11 pm

Hi,
Opencart version 3.0.2.0

I have been trying to rectify some of the horrendous translations in the Norwegian language pack, and edited the various .php files under "admin/language/no-No/" There are misspellings, right out wrong translations and upper and lower case for menu items vary all over the place.

My changes does not appear after uploading the edited files. I have tried the following:

Reset the cache in Admin under settings
Deleted the files in /system/storage/cache
Looked all over for anything related to cache files both in the file structure and in the admin panel

The strange thing is, that I even downloaded the entire site to local disk, searched ALL the files for one of the misspelled words that still appear in my admin menu, and couldn't find ANY file that contained that word at all... now how can that be?
Please help!

dexus.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:26 pm

Post by straightlight » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:29 pm

Reset the cache in Admin under settings
There are no cache settings under the admin settings page. Admin - > dashboard - > blue square icon - > clear both caches. Admin - > extensions - > modifications - > refresh button
Deleted the files in /system/storage/cache
See these instructions: viewtopic.php?f=202&t=201745#p713479
Looked all over for anything related to cache files both in the file structure and in the admin panel
If so, then the URL above would not be able to be referred to.
The strange thing is, that I even downloaded the entire site to local disk, searched ALL the files for one of the misspelled words that still appear in my admin menu, and couldn't find ANY file that contained that word at all... now how can that be?
Because the system/storage folder contains dynamic / cloned files while your perspective was rather to find solid files from the core that would remain in the system/storage directory which is not the case.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by dexus » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:37 pm

Yes!
The "Admin - > extensions - > modifications - > refresh button" did the trick.. I didn't realize that I had to refresh the modifications after editing language files.. thank you.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:26 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests