Post by lukeketchum1 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:02 pm

Hi guys

I have almost finished setting up my first opencart setup.

I have two problems at the moment

1. The url SOMETIMES (not always) shows as /shop which is right, and is how the main page should show. But sometimes it changes to shop/index.php?route=common/home. A few other pages end up showing this sort of thing too. Any idea how I can prevent this?
2. There is some sort of caching issue. for example a new user registers an account and logs in to it, but they are then prompted to log in again over and over until a forced refresh of the page makes it realise they are logged in. Any ideas how to fix that?

Opencart looks like a really great system and I'm looking forward to learning more and more about it, any help you can give on the above two points would be EPIC

Best regards

Luke

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:30 am

Post by straightlight » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:55 am

.htaccess file issue. Use an SEO extension from the marketplace rather than the one from the core. It is way easier to handle the URLs. ;)

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by lukeketchum1 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:06 pm

Thanks, ok do you think its the seo extension issue in both cases? or just the url problem? any recommended seo extension?

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:30 am

Post by straightlight » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:47 am

I would first uninstall the SEO extension and see if that resolves the problem for the URL. If so, there are plenty on the Marketplace you could rather download for free.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by lukeketchum1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:31 pm

Hey straightlight I used saintents SEO Url fix and the URLs appear to all look nice now. still got this cache problem though :-(

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:30 am

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:31 am

Well, read this, it might help!
Ernie
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=201982&p=713459#p713459

Please don't send me OC Forum Personal Messages, just contact: jti@jacob.ch
---
OC 1.5.6.5 LIGHT Test Site: http://www.bigmax.ch/shop/
OC 1.5.6.5 V-PRO Test Site: http://www.openshop.li/shop/
My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
2'600+ FREE OC Extensions on the World's largest Github OC Repository Archive Site.


User avatar
Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:37 am
Location - Switzerland

Post by straightlight » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:59 am

lukeketchum1 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:31 pm
Hey straightlight I used saintents SEO Url fix and the URLs appear to all look nice now. still got this cache problem though :-(
Ensure your system/storage folder is outside your public_html folder. Edit your config.php and admin/config.php files and set the new location for your DIR_STORAGE. Remove the entire line in your .htaccess where it says: ^system/storage . Set recursive permission settings to your storage folder. Clear all OC cache from your admin - > dashboard and from your admin - > extensions - > modifications - > refresh button. This should resolved the issue.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by tom327 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:59 am

Can you please explain how you Set recursive permission settings to your storage folder?

Also if site is online would you do this in cpanel, or through your FTP client?

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:33 am

Post by zeba12 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:54 pm

Hi guys
I have installed opencart version 3.0.3.2 uploaded the theme http://opencart.opencartworks.com/theme ... /index.php this layout, earlier everything was working fine but now facing issue with the cache in the cart and checkout page, cart and checkout both are not refreshing by itself i have to forced refresh the pages makes it refresh with the product and quantity chosen . Sometimes cart page doesn't redirect to checkout page when we click the checkout button. Same issue with the login and logout and register pages. When you are logout and try to login from other account it will still shows previous account login doesn't allow new user to login.
other than theme using below 2 plugins
SEO XML Sitemap Generator - UNLIMITED LINKS
Opencart SEO Pack PRO

Please give some solution for this issue
also tried this solution but doesn't help much
"Ensure your system/storage folder is outside your public_html folder. Edit your config.php and admin/config.php files and set the new location for your DIR_STORAGE. Remove the entire line in your .htaccess where it says: ^system/storage . Set recursive permission settings to your storage folder. Clear all OC cache from your admin - > dashboard and from your admin - > extensions - > modifications - > refresh button. This should resolved the issue. "

Thanks and regard
zeba

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:52 pm

Please give some solution for this issue
also tried this solution but doesn't help much
"Ensure your system/storage folder is outside your public_html folder. Edit your config.php and admin/config.php files and set the new location for your DIR_STORAGE. Remove the entire line in your .htaccess where it says: ^system/storage . Set recursive permission settings to your storage folder. Clear all OC cache from your admin - > dashboard and from your admin - > extensions - > modifications - > refresh button. This should resolved the issue. "
No sourced topic provided. Those instructions are already clarified as is. If you don't understand the steps, please post on the topic itself by pointing the post and explain the results after trying those steps due to a failed process on your end.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by letxobnav » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:39 am

browser caching

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:35 pm
Location - Taiwan

Post by tarq77 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:46 am

lukeketchum1 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:02 pm
2. There is some sort of caching issue. for example a new user registers an account and logs in to it, but they are then prompted to log in again over and over until a forced refresh of the page makes it realise they are logged in. Any ideas how to fix that?
I had the same issue (OC 3.0.2.0). As OC does not set the Cache-control header, the default header set by the webserver is used. In my case, it was

Code: Select all

Cache-Control: max-age=7200
. In my case, a solution described at viewtopic.php?f=201&t=207498#p737358 fixed the problem.

TLDR: Set

Code: Select all

Cache-control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
header for dynamic resources.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:38 am

Post by ahimanshu » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:46 pm

straightlight wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:59 am
lukeketchum1 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:31 pm
Hey straightlight I used saintents SEO Url fix and the URLs appear to all look nice now. still got this cache problem though :-(
Ensure your system/storage folder is outside your public_html folder. Edit your config.php and admin/config.php files and set the new location for your DIR_STORAGE. Remove the entire line in your .htaccess where it says: ^system/storage . Set recursive permission settings to your storage folder. Clear all OC cache from your admin - > dashboard and from your admin - > extensions - > modifications - > refresh button. This should resolved the issue.
Thanks its for me !!!

Regards
Himanshu


User avatar
Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:55 am
Location - New Delhi

Post by straightlight » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:57 pm

ahimanshu wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:46 pm
straightlight wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:59 am
lukeketchum1 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:31 pm
Hey straightlight I used saintents SEO Url fix and the URLs appear to all look nice now. still got this cache problem though :-(
Ensure your system/storage folder is outside your public_html folder. Edit your config.php and admin/config.php files and set the new location for your DIR_STORAGE. Remove the entire line in your .htaccess where it says: ^system/storage . Set recursive permission settings to your storage folder. Clear all OC cache from your admin - > dashboard and from your admin - > extensions - > modifications - > refresh button. This should resolved the issue.
Thanks its for me !!!
Excellent, good work!

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:11 pm

There are other caching issues with 3.0.3.2 and 3.0.3.6 (maybe other 3.x versions too).
https://github.com/condor2/Opencart_303 ... 6d9c866591
https://github.com/condor2/Opencart_303 ... 2a19887126

There's one more for the language cache and I can't find that link at the moment. I'll return and post it when I find it again.

Image
Black Friday Specials Active Now https://www.evolvewebhost.com/blog/blac ... riday_2020
Detailed guide on how to install Opencart


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:13 pm
Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by straightlight » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:34 am

Take note that these cache solutions on Github from the above are not official solutions for the core yet.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:48 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:34 am
Take note that these cache solutions on Github from the above are not official solutions for the core yet.
This one appears to be:
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/co ... e3dd68e019

This is the 3rd one I was looking for earlier:
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/co ... 06d64ba2a8

Image
Black Friday Specials Active Now https://www.evolvewebhost.com/blog/blac ... riday_2020
Detailed guide on how to install Opencart


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:13 pm
Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by straightlight » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:17 pm

EvolveWebHosting wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:48 am
straightlight wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:34 am
Take note that these cache solutions on Github from the above are not official solutions for the core yet.
This one appears to be:
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/co ... e3dd68e019

This is the 3rd one I was looking for earlier:
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/co ... 06d64ba2a8
The first link appears but it's not.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: danieldaubit and 43 guests