Post by onefish » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:11 am

Hi all, I am still wading through setting up my first Opencart store (for my wife). It's taken a lot of time as a noob, mostly just trying to find information about how to make small changes and how to make functions work that don't work out of the box (even though there is a box to tick which leads one to believe it should work). Getting much closer now, and thanks to all here that have replied to my other posts.

I have noticed today that there are several pages that don't use SEO URLs. I have enabled SEO URLs in: Admin Panel > System > Settings > Server. I have setup SEO URLs in all categories and information pages that have fields to do so. These are all working fine, no problem.

Pages such as "Contact Us", "Returns", and all front end account related pages (gift certificates, specials, my account, etc) don't use SEO URL's and there doesn't appear to be a place to set them up in the same way as category and information pages.

I assume that it is possible to set up SEO URLs for these pages via the interface at: Admin Panel > Design > SEO URL. I can add entries here but what is not clear is how do I find the page information to enter into the "query" field?

For example, the query field containing "information_id=4" sets the SEO URL for the "About Us" page. What would need to be in the query field to set the SEO URL for the "Contact Us" page? And how do I locate this information for the rest of the pages that don't use SEO URLs out of the box?

Cheers!

Post by onefish » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:55 am

--SOLVED--
I guess I'm an impatient bugger :) . Just followed the developer instructions here: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... date_added and added the additional elsif code block. I can now add SEO URLs using the route address.