Post by ywc6xrlnf58asnha » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:59 am

I am using out of the box OC 3.0.2.0. I have noticed that the Filters on the Products page (Admin > Catalog > Products) is very buggy. I have 42 products added and have a difficult time getting the Filter functionality to work. If I click in the Product Name filter box, a drop down appears with 5 products sorted alphabetically. If I click on one and click Filter button, that product is filtered as expected. However, if I type in the exact product name of any product (including one of the 5 in the drop down), nothing is returned in the search with the message "No results!". I've also noticed weird search behaviour when trying to add products to the featured items extension. Is there a way to resolve this so that the Filters are actually useful? I currently just use my browser text search and tab through all of the products pages.

Post by straightlight » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:42 am

While the default limit is set to 5, it is understandable regarding the manual query being typed and no results are appearing as even I was able to reproduce this issue from time-to-time. However, followed is an extension that may help you resolve this issue: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=11373

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ywc6xrlnf58asnha » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:20 am

Is there a free alternative?

Post by ywc6xrlnf58asnha » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:40 am

I noticed this failure behaviour when editing a product and searching for Related Products in the Links tab. The fact that OpenCart 3 can't handle basic searching is a huge failure, and in my opinion, renders it useless. Is it possible to submit this as a bug, is there a solution, or should I abandon OC and look for an alternative?

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:27 pm

Is it possible to submit this as a bug, is there a solution, or should I abandon OC and look for an alternative?
Opencart is free of use meaning if there are no explicit case posted by the OPs when creating a topic and expects to have an accurate solution posted, at this point, and users feels the need to switch to another platform, they may do so at anytime.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON