Post by virtualgadjo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:52 pm

Hi all,

first message for me here so, glad to meet you :)

i'm running into a funny little issue, when i click on en empty category or run a search with no result, it's always the language/common/cart.php text_empty string that is displayed instead of the product/category.php or the search.php one
in order to be sure i've replaced the original string by a personal one i can't miss

if any of you had an idea that would help solve this, i would be lifelong grateful :)
all the best
chris
Last edited by virtualgadjo on Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:38 pm

Since it is your first post, it is understandable. Although, you need to post your 4 decimals OC version when creating a new post. In this case, the steps you did in order to obtain the text_empty results would be needed as well as the route location (?route=xxxxx) on your platform to provide an accurate solution.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by virtualgadjo » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:38 am

Hi straightlight,

thanks a lot for your answer and, you know, as soon as i clicked on submit, i slapped my head and was waiting for my post to appear to add "sorry guys, forgot to say, using the very last opencart release (3.0.2.0)"

i talked a little with the great guys behind journal2 to see if they had any insight about this but having investigated a bit they ended thinking like i was that it must be an opencart issue

the website is currently local and i use extensively url_rewriting but i could easily reproduce the problem with, for example
route=product/manufacturer/info&manufacturer_id=8 (no products for this manufacturer)
or
route=product/search&search=toto&description=true (of course, no result for toto in the search field)
same for
guitares-acoustiques/guitares-acoustiques-occasions for example with url rewriting which routes to category_id=67 that has no products (yet :))

actually whichever page that has no product in it displays the cart.php text_epty string instead of the category/search/ and so on text_empty one, funny isn't it? :)

thanks again for your time and answer
all the best
chris

Post by straightlight » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:43 am

actually whichever page that has no product in it displays the cart.php text_epty string instead of the category/search/ and so on text_empty one, funny isn't it?
As funny as trying this already working solution here: viewtopic.php?f=202&t=187159&p=704301#p704140

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by virtualgadjo » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:00 am

Hi again,

and now to say that those great guys i talked about above that are behind journal2 theme found out the solution, it's an opencart little issue
in case it helps anybody else, solved by adding

Code: Select all

$data['text_empty'] = $this->language->get('text_empty');
before

$data['breadcrumbs'] = array();
in the catalog/product/controller/category.php, search.php, special.php and manufacturers controllers (refreshing opencart modification afterwards)

have a great day and thanks again for having taken time to answer :)
all the best
chris

Post by webs_bd » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:33 pm

v 3.0.2.0.
Successfully sorted this in search.php with the above fix.
I carried out this fix in 'catalog/controller/account/order.php' and successful here also.
However can't seem to fix in catalog/controller/account/address.php' - this file seems a little different and can't find the right place for the extra code. Can anyone help here please? Currently if there are no customer addresses I get the 'Your Shopping Cart is empty!' message.

Big Decision
Website Production, Ecommerce & Digital Marketing in the UK
http://www.bigdecision.co.uk

Post by dpanderson » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:01 am

Same problem for me webs_bd, in multiple locations. I see the text_empty is not getting loaded, but have not successfully figured out where to load it at, or it is getting overwritten by a later called module. 3.0.2.0 with no modifications.

Post by straightlight » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:03 am

dpanderson wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:01 am
Same problem for me webs_bd, in multiple locations. I see the text_empty is not getting loaded, but have not successfully figured out where to load it at, or it is getting overwritten by a later called module. 3.0.2.0 with no modifications.
When viewing the admin pages, do you see the English text or the defined keys such as text_empty?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by dpanderson » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:08 am

The issue is on several catalog pages, it's the "shopping cart is empty" issue that has several forum posts running right now. Easiest way I have found to reproduce it is to register for a customer account, then go to "Wish List" when the wish list is empty.

Post by leeburgess » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:01 am

same issue here. any fix?

Post by HSLGuy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:42 am

edited to remove the code to fix issue with page titles. That is a separate issue and a simpler fix was provided by Journal theme support.

Thanks everyone for the code to fix this. There were still some other pages where I needed a fix, like recurring payments and address book, which needed the code in a different location. With some trial & error, I was able to find a location to insert the code given above on everything I could find that needed fixing. I'll compile all of my changes here:

Insert this code in all locations below:

$data['text_empty'] = $this->language->get('text_empty');
In:
catalog/controller/account/download.php
catalog/controller/account/order.php (find first occurance of code only)
catalog/controller/account/reward.php
catalog/controller/account/transaction.php
catalog/controller/account/wishlist.php
catalog/controller/product/category.php
catalog/controller/product/compare.php
catalog/controller/product/manufacturer.php (find first occurance of code only)
catalog/controller/product/search.php
catalog/controller/product/special.php

BEFORE:

$data['breadcrumbs'] = array();
===========================================

In:
catalog/controller/account/address.php

BEFORE

$data['addresses'] = array();

In:
catalog/controller/account/recurring.php

AFTER

$this->document->setTitle($this->language->get('heading_title'));

In:
catalog/controller/account/return.php

AFTER 1ST OCCURANCE (index function) OF

$this->document->setTitle($this->language->get('heading_title'));

In:
catalog/controller/information/contact.php

BEFORE:

$data['continue'] = $this->url->link('common/home');

Don't forget to refresh the cache after making these changes.

That's all I've found,
Please mention any errors or other files that need fixing

Post by devth » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:45 am

This problem is caused by this line in every page.

$data['header'] = $this->load->controller('common/header');
It will load controller/common/cart.php that will load its language file by this line.

$this->load->language('common/cart');
So, text_empty in every page will be replaced by controller/common/cart.php.
For me, I fix it by change "text_empty" to "text_empty_cart" in these files.

common/cart.twig
language/en-gb/common/cart.php

Post by straightlight » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:25 pm

devth wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:45 am
This problem is caused by this line in every page.

$data['header'] = $this->load->controller('common/header');
It will load controller/common/cart.php that will load its language file by this line.

$this->load->language('common/cart');
So, text_empty in every page will be replaced by controller/common/cart.php.
For me, I fix it by change "text_empty" to "text_empty_cart" in these files.

common/cart.twig
language/en-gb/common/cart.php
Ahh ! yes, as explained to Daniel regarding the conflicted array keys on Github. :bang:

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON