Post by joekan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:51 am

Hi guys.
I'm making a test site, and I'm trying to upload a png file to the "Downloads" to act as a test digital product. When I do upload it a window alert says "Your file was successfully uploaded!", but when I hit the save button underneath the file upload it says "File does not exist". I get an error log as well which says:
"2017-11-20 17:48:24 - PHP Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/php9POUCs' to '/home/MY.WEBSITE.URL/opencart/storage/download/cpcp.png.aQmrLXssz6eLDQTl4Ze3spd52l4QtzZ7' in /home/MY.WEBSITE.URL/opencart/admin/controller/catalog/download.php on line 469"

I haven't monkeyed around with the download.php file, so I'm not sure what could be the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Post by straightlight » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:51 pm

Permission issues on your root tmp folder. Contact your host if you do not have root access to your domain in order to upload files from web pages.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by skrillac » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:19 pm

It has to do with permission, what server interface (Cpanel/Whm or Vesta) and are you using on your server, it can be fixed via ssh with chown -R rule.

Life Is Beautiful with Jocelyn Flores

Post by straightlight » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:20 pm

skrillac wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:19 pm
It has to do with permission, what server interface (Cpanel/Whm or Vesta) and are you using on your server, it can be fixed via ssh with chown -R rule.
Take note that the above suggestion may affect domain permissions.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON