Post by mteverest » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:43 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've removed around 500 products from the website and normally one product contains 5-6 images. Now find it difficult to remove images from the product image folder. I tried using FTP which take a lot time to find each image and delete one by one.

Is there any quick way which can delete all the images from the images folder for those products which are deleted or discontinued from the store.

Additionally, is there any way when i delete product from the website, related images are also deleted at the same time? Is there any drawback doing this?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance.

Location - Dhulikhel, Nepal

Post by straightlight » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:44 pm

The OC version has not been posted with your request. However, when deleting a product from the admin - > catalog - > products page, followed are the following database tables being affected along with it:
product
product_attribute
product_description
product_discount
product_filter
product_image
product_option
product_option_value
product_related
product_related
product_reward
product_special
product_to_category
product_to_download
product_to_layout
product_to_store
product_recurring
review
seo_url
coupon_product
If your images remains on your file server after deletion, then the issue you are reporting about is about permission issues on your file server. Ensure to have followed the install.txt file from your downloaded ZIP file of Opencart with recursive settings to ensure Opencart can also delete those images while removing the products from the admin.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON