Post by sitedeveloper999 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:42 am

OpenCart 3.0.2.0, category pages.

I have the category template (category.twig) modified, and the modifications work fine in the default view. (Some button text changed, etc).

There's a side filter that lets users narrow down the results by size groups.

But if this filter is used, i.e. any filter choices are made, it looks like it loads another template, because the display of each product reverts to the default view (without my modifications). If it was just a matter of different CSS, like when you switch from Grid to List view, then things may look different but they wouldn't change button text...

Is there another template file that is used to display the filtered results? If so, what is it?
I've looked around the folders and I can't see anything that looks relevant.
Or am I overlooking something else?

Post by sitedeveloper999 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 am

(In case anyone is wondering what filter I'm talking about, I'm using the Journal2 theme, which has a "Super Filter" module. Not sure if "plain" OpenCart has this option or not.)

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:51 am

Well, it then would be better, to get in touch with those, creating this Theme,
because otherways, only one could know, having bought this Theme for OC-3,
and those who have, don't usually come here, to assist others. After all, OC is
all about Competition too, and who would want to support a potential future
Competitor ? :laugh:
And Journal is very much different from a default OC, never forget this !
Good Luck !
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by sitedeveloper999 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:55 am

Really, that's one hell of a helpful answer.

It's not an issue with Journal, it's an issue with OpenCart. The SAME EXACT THING happens if I do a regular search, on the search results pages.

Post by cyclops12 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:25 am

If you are only changing text then would it not be better/easier to edit the language file instead of the twig files ?

Expert Member

Post by sitedeveloper999 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:31 am

It's not just the text.

Something actually takes the "View" button and replaces it with "Add To Cart".
And moves the Compare/Wishlist icons to a different place.
And removes the Product Extra Field display.
And changes the style.

Basically, the entire portion of the product "grid-item" below the price gets rewritten. And I need to make it NOT be rewritten.

At this point, I'll pay a programmer who knows what he's doing, just to avoid this headache.

Post by sitedeveloper999 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:33 am

This is what drives me a little insane in this situation. The Twig file (category.twig) is perfectly fine, it works exactly how I want it to work.

But if you do a search, or use the filter, BAM, everything changes. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO CHANGE?
Why use a different template, or have JavaScript rewrite a chunk of the code, if you're displaying the SAME ITEMS, in the SAME way, just a little fewer of them?

Post by cyclops12 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:42 am

Not sure on the filters as i havent set any filters up at the moment but if you use the search function then it will load the search.twig file

Expert Member

Post by sitedeveloper999 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:46 am

Yeah, I found search.twig (also bestsellers.twig, featured.twig, etc).
I'm about to make the product-grid-item a separate block & have it embedded into these templates, so it's modular and CONSISTENT.
...which is how it should have been done in the 1st place, but *shrug*.

I also found some JavaScript that seems to be doing the rewriting of the elements in question.
Trying to figure it out at the moment.

Post by asurdescu@gmail.com » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:40 pm

sitedeveloper999, I guess you already found the answer, but I will post the solution for those who were searching for a solution for this, like me (the changes in category.tpl not showing in any of the filtered views, different pagination options etc.) .
The file you need to change in Journal 2 is located in /catalog/view/theme/journal2/template/journal2/module/super_filter_product.tpl
The changes/additions you make there will work for every filter.
Have fun and be less greedy, people. You will get your money.
Last edited by asurdescu@gmail.com on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:50 am

be less greedy ?
I already told him, to look in the Journal Theme Extension. And it's not about
money either. It's more about contacting those in charge, if one uses paid Mods,
which are doing a lot of things in different ways, compared to a Default OC Setup.
And in this Place here, and by following the Guidelines, free Support for paid
Custom Mods is not really part of it in the first place, since paid Extensions are
usually not OpenSource Code either:
viewtopic.php?p=424864#p424864

But People in need likely forget, or ignore, that OC is all about Money, for everybody
involved. Because otherways, there would be Masses of FAN's staying frequently around
here, to assist all those nice fellows, looking for free help - which is unfortunately not
the case. Most only come here, to be served, in order to avoid charges, but they seldom
or never even think about, to waste their costly time, to share their hard-earned
knowledge with others.

And Many don't even come back, after a problem has been solved, it's too much work,
to further waste costly time, as it looks. So, better don't over-estimate the Situation, OC
has nothing to do with SHARING common Ideologies, for most, it's only about generating
Bucks, by use of as much free 'Tech' and 'Wisdom' as possible.

It's therefore less about beeing greedy to innocent 'OC-Followers', but more about
just accepting the reality. And the Reality is called 'Competition', and keeping
'Secrets', not sharing Knowledge, at least for the vast majority of all, even those,
using a free Software like OC.

And because of this, there is no place for emotional Talk either, since OC has nothing
to do with Emotions, but only with Money, for everybody involved. One should better
be greatful to those, willing to frequently freely assist, but also accept, that paid Mods,
and Problems, possibly related with/to them, need to be solved with the Mod Sellers,
because only one could possibly know, if using more or less a similar Setup ... 8)

So, just better get down to greedy Earth, instead of dreaming of free heaven. Real life
means Business, by selling knowledge, not sharing it, like for 99.8 percent of OC Users.
And be glad, that about 2 (out of 1'000) Others also exist, otherways, this place would
be dark and empty.

Ernie

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by asurdescu@gmail.com » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:43 pm

If you don't want to help dudes asking to add features or modify commercial extentions , you should just ignore them.
This thread had a clear topic and your long comment does not address it. The time you've took to write that negative stuff about how we should pay for anything could have been better spent on something constructive.
People with this kind of mind set should be asked a big fee in places like stackoverflow or github which I bet they so frequently and freely visit to make a living on "greedy earth". I actually got paid for this modification, but got back on this thread to share my findings because it would have bean much faster for me if I already found the answer here or elsewere. And I think I know what open-source and a community is.

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:01 am

And I think I know what open-source and a community is
Well, OC is OpenSource ok, but it's sure not a Sharing-Community Project,
but a one-man-based/owned enterprise and business-model.

And this OpenCart Community, as you call it, consists out of 10'0000's of Members,
whereby only about 1 out of 1'000 ever cared about, to assist potential Competitors,
and the Rest of them only come here, if the have a problem, and possibly expect free
assistance, to keep their Business alive and well.

And those, willing to help, are usually OC Developers, likely also expecting some
paid work, once in a while, by showing their presence and good will around here.

So better don't get things mixed up in your favour, just better accept OC, as it comes.
And since you did not pay for the OC Software itself, better don't expect anything to
be included. This Forum just does not exist, to support 'commercial' Extensions,
especially, if Extensions, like a Journal, have been aquired outside of OC-'Influence',
whereby, OC does not even make a profit on such.

Good Luck, and don't bother, I won't disturb you any longer ... ;)
Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland