Post by virussino » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:47 pm

Hi,
I want to change default template and start with file account.twig
I modify it in FTP, save change, go to backend refresh modification, cancel log, but in frontend no changes are visible..

cache problem!? how can I fix it?

Thanks for support

Eco-friendly Clothing Store for Man and Woman, with a wide selection of Vegan and Made in Italy clothing, bags, underwear. http://www.vestilanatura.it for join the sustainable lifestyle!

Post by cyclops12 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:51 pm

In your admin dashboard on the right hand side you should see a blue cog, click that and then you can refresh the cache
Hope this helps

Expert Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:39 am

cyclops12 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:51 pm
In your admin dashboard on the right hand side you should see a blue cog, click that and then you can refresh the cache
Hope this helps
While your suggestion resolves the problem it still demonstrates an inherent bug in the Twig engine. The Twig engine should always compare its cache with the actual template file, and if different re-create the cache automatically. It doesn't.

IMHO using Twig for newer OpenCart 3.x versions was a bad choice, with Twig trying to re-invent the wheel. PHP templates were doing the job just fine.

Expert Member

Post by cyclops12 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:01 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:39 am
While your suggestion resolves the problem it still demonstrates an inherent bug in the Twig engine. The Twig engine should always compare its cache with the actual template file, and if different re-create the cache automatically. It doesn't.

IMHO using Twig for newer OpenCart 3.x versions was a bad choice, with Twig trying to re-invent the wheel. PHP templates were doing the job just fine.
Totally agree with you JNeuhoff

Expert Member

Post by webbernaut » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:20 am

Yup twig was a very bad decision. Ruined Opencart development.