Post by Scud62525 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:24 am

This issue is for COD orders where I have the COD extension's order status setting set to "pending".
Basically I've spent like 48 solid hours on this. I have pending set default but the system keeps choosing "canceled", because it is choosing in alphabetical order. Even if I remove all order statuses before "pending" it does then choose pending, but all orders are still only visible to admin if you do the "missing orders" filter.

Also i installed the 3.0.1.3 beta. The issue is the same, but the beta did improve the behavior of the "free checkout" extension defaulting to cancelled. In 3.0.1.2 when you change the order status in free checkout and save, it would always go back to cancelled. The 3.0.1.3 beta fixed that, but the new orders are behaving the same.

Now i do have COD, free checkout, and all system>settings>options> set to pending. Also I made the test customer "safe", as to bypass the fraud thing.

So first thing is there should be no missing orders option. Every order should go to pending. Customer and admin should get their email.
Second thing is the system should honor the settings in payment extension, and system>settings>options, and not just default to the alphabetical descending method it is doing now.
This was fixed for the free checkout module in 3.0.1.3, so there must be a way to fix it for the orders themselves.
If I knew how to hard code the statuses, and force all orders to be pending, and not missing, this would work.
Now even if I get the missing orders to say they are pending, they're still missing.

Post by omanincense » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:36 pm

I'm having exactly the same scenario, and i have done a lot to solve this issue. Also, one of the forum member suggested me a solution which does not work with me: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=192109

If you have any positive solution please share it with me.

Post by straightlight » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:57 pm

The provided solution is positive as it has been confirmed on Github that the provided solution was already fixed for future version of Opencart which means that the provided instructions are accurate.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:57 pm

In the mean time, see if this solution is working for redundant cancelled orders statuses: viewtopic.php?f=199&p=694206#p694206

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by omanincense » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:43 pm

straightlight wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:57 pm
The provided solution is positive as it has been confirmed on Github that the provided solution was already fixed for future version of Opencart which means that the provided instructions are accurate.
Yes, you are absolutely correct. I have re-followed the instructions again and clear all catches, and now everything is working fine.

On this occasion i would like to express my thanks to you.