Post by Zoo3 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:20 am

I'm trying to introduce OpenCart. Is OpenCart sending shipping notification emails individually? It is Marketing> Mail> Customer[selected]. Or is there an element that sends a shipping notification to “Sales> Order”?
Can an administrator select customers who have a certain status and send a shipping notification email to them in bulk?

This may require an extension. Administrators filter customers by status. They are then displayed in a list, and the administrator can register a tracking number on the list. And all send mail at the same time. Are these features standard? Is there an extension that I can verify it for free?

Thanks,

Post by letxobnav » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:10 pm

Not sure what you mean by shipping notification emails or the reference to bulk.
OC send order status update emails, when an order changes status you can opt to notify the customer, i.e. when you set it to status shipped for instance.
The marketing emails are just that, marketing announcements, newsletters, that kind of stuff.
The is no bulk mailing unless you update order stati in bulk.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Location - Taiwan

Post by Zoo3 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:01 pm

OpenCart extracts available customers from the status and cannot batch process them.
There is no choice but to call customer data one by one and change the status from there to rely by notification(Notify Customer) function.
Is this correct?

When I ship to multiple customers, it takes time to send them individually. So I want to send emails to all the selected customers(Order Status: Shipped) by a single transaction.

Post by thekrotek » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:06 pm

I have an extension called Order Manager, which allows you to update multiple orders at once. It is basically a very advanced orders list with lots of options and greatly expanded functionality comparing to default order list.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:57 pm

Zoo3 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:20 am
Can an administrator select customers who have a certain status and send a shipping notification email to them in bulk?
You should find a good shipping extension that supports your courier and sends the appropriate emails to customers at the right times.

Zoo3 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:20 am
Is there an extension that I can verify it for free?
You can write a comment on the extension or contact OpenCart support to ask if an extension will do what you want: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... rt/contact Then if it doesn't you can get a refund.

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom