Post by belowcost » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:20 am

opencart 3.0.3.x
default template

in DESIGN/LAYOUTS/DEFAULT "slideshow" is working as it should, and is set to CONTENT TOP

but any time i try to add featured products or recent products section under it, click save, the actual web site only displays the slideshow

when i go back to DESIGN/LAYOUTS/DEFAULT all entries are gone. so i repeat the process and get the same results.

only thing under the SLIDESHOW is the footer section.

tried clearing cache, closing and reloading, clearing cache, etc.

featured products is enabled with items in it that used to show up a few days ago.

If I go in and add featured products on content top and the slideshow on the bottom, only the featured products shows up.

thank you bbahi.com

Post by grgr » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:10 am

First off, the default layout is only going to work where no other layouts exist. Typically, this happens when a new page is added by an extension and you end up with the account module showing up as the account modules are the default for the default layout of a default opencart installation.

Secondly, you need to click the blue + button next to the module to actually add it. Selecting in the menu doesn't do anything unless you click that button, click the button and then select the module you want from the new dropdown box that appears - it is not very intuitive and gets me many a time.

-

-
Image Image Image Image
VIEW ALL EXTENSIONS * EXTENSION SUPPORT * WEBSITE * CUSTOM REQUESTS

Location - UK

Post by belowcost » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:40 pm

Blue button you mean SAVE? If you see attached, this is the home page layout

(i really want to have the left column display the categories, with the banner to the right, I tried doing it this way several times but this never worked either.)

After pressing save, the home page goes blank. I go back to Layouts/HOME each section is again blank.

Right now I change DEFAULT, and HOME in LAYOUTS, add any module, the actual home page section under the header remains blank, I go back into to the ADMIN LAYOUTS DEFAULT and HOME and the entries I added are gone.

Attachments

this is after a previous entry.jpg

this is after a previous entry.jpg (72.96 KiB) Viewed 642 times

layoutspage.jpg

layoutspage.jpg (86.78 KiB) Viewed 642 times

Post by by mona » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:47 pm

This blue button
once it appears click the blue button and then save

Attachments

Screen-Shot-2020-09-02-at-15.44.48.jpg

Screen-Shot-2020-09-02-at-15.44.48.jpg (79.71 KiB) Viewed 634 times

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by belowcost » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:12 pm

Thank you! I knew it was me not doing something simple and obvious.