Post by Cue4cheap » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:34 am

The FAQ link in the first post doesn't work

Code: Select all

https://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=176&p=739789#p718325
In fact most on the first post do not work.

I am just now jumping into replacing paypal express, is this topic still the way to go about it?

Thank you,
Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Post by straightlight » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:39 am

I am just now jumping into replacing paypal express, is this topic still the way to go about it?
No, simply use the PayPal Commerce Platform from the Marketplace, it's free. You could also try the pre-release version of Opencart v3.0.3.4 from https://www.github.com/opencart/opencart/releases which I will be updating in a few minutes. The date will be shown in the frame of the Github site once the upload is complete.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Cue4cheap » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:32 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:39 am
No, simply use the PayPal Commerce Platform from the Marketplace, it's free. You could also try the pre-release version of Opencart v3.0.3.4 from https://www.github.com/opencart/opencart/releases which I will be updating in a few minutes. The date will be shown in the frame of the Github site once the upload is complete.
Well I just upgraded to 2.3.0.2 based upon feedback from OSWorX a couple of months ago in the forum and I do not wish to under take an upgrade to 3.x yet as I am still "recovering" from losing some of my helper scripts I used on 1.5.6.4 that I need to finish updating to 2.3.0.2.

I will see what PayPal Commerce Platform is all about and see if it also does more than paypal express, and #1 most important if it has Payflow Pro functionality as Payflow Pro is my primarily used payment processor.

Thank you,
Mike

Post by straightlight » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:42 am

Cue4cheap wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:32 am
straightlight wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:39 am
Well I just upgraded to 2.3.0.2 based upon feedback from OSWorX a couple of months ago in the forum and I do not wish to under take an upgrade to 3.x yet as I am still "recovering" from losing some of my helper scripts I used on 1.5.6.4 that I need to finish updating to 2.3.0.2.

I will see what PayPal Commerce Platform is all about and see if it also does more than paypal express, and #1 most important if it has Payflow Pro functionality as Payflow Pro is my primarily used payment processor.

Thank you,
Mike
Then, you are posting in the wrong forum section. This section is for OC v3.x releases.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Cue4cheap » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:54 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:42 am
Then, you are posting in the wrong forum section. This section is for OC v3.x releases.
Ah, I apologize but I see PayPal Commerce Platform is also for 2.3.0.2 and if PayPal Express Checkout is no longer supported shouldn't the people running 2.x also see about PayPal Commerce Platform?

Thank you and sorry for over stepping into the 3.x section. :)

Mike

Post by straightlight » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:19 am

Ah, I apologize but I see PayPal Commerce Platform is also for 2.3.0.2 and if PayPal Express Checkout is no longer supported shouldn't the people running 2.x also see about PayPal Commerce Platform?
Then, users either posts in the v2.x General Support section or on the Marketplace page they can see the compatibility of the OC version the PayPal Commerce Platform can run with.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON