Post by straightlight » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:56 pm

Did a bit more cleanup. File replaced on the first post. Should be final until the next OC release now, since the order totals array have been modified to pass the parameters from now on. This might need to be re-worked in the future but nothing massive.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by p419 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:36 pm

straightlight wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:33 pm
Since you are using Journal3, have you read this post on the topic: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=210578&start=40#p750773 regarding the sort order list?
Hello straightlight,

I temporarily switched to the default template and attempted to process a payment using a PayPal Express, the Paypal sign-in window does pop up.... but it shows an error in the Open Cart window behind that says:

Error: There was an error fetching the PayPal token payment/<@https://www.kcbgraphics.com/catalog/vie ... 1.1.min.js line 2 > eval:22:21 _loop@https://www.paypalobjects.com/api/checkout.js:5519:50 ./node_modules/zalgo-promise/src/index.js/promise_ZalgoPromise

Can you provide any guidance on what is causing this error?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Paul

Location - Toronto

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:41 pm

I temporarily switched to the default template and attempted to process a payment using a PayPal Express, the Paypal sign-in window does pop up.... but it shows an error in the Open Cart window behind that says:
Switching is insufficient. You'd need to try from a completely fresh version of your store with PayPal Express Checkout extension payment module installed. However, your merchant account return link would also need to be modified to complete this test either from Sandbox or Live mode.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by p419 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:52 pm

straightlight wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:41 pm
Switching is insufficient. You'd need to try from a completely fresh version of your store with PayPal Express Checkout extension payment module installed. However, your merchant account return link would also need to be modified to complete this test either from Sandbox or Live mode.
Thanks for the reply.

So in order to troubleshoot this I need to install a fresh version of Open Cart in a sub folder of my domain and install Paypal Express and test it . If it works on the fresh version where do I go from there?

Regards,

Paul

Location - Toronto

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:16 pm

If it works on the fresh version where do I go from there?
You'd first need to provide the results to be able to answer this actual question.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by p419 » Wed May 01, 2019 2:01 am

straightlight wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:16 pm
If it works on the fresh version where do I go from there?
You'd first need to provide the results to be able to answer this actual question.
Ok...I've installed a clean version in sub folder on our domain and it connects to PayPal without an error, although I didn't complete the purchase.

I noticed two things during this process in the admin section:

1)On the test store - Under Extensions>PayPal Express Checkout>API Details - **the IPN URL has the following url https://www.aaaaaaa.com/testme/index.ph ... xpress/ipn **
2)On the live store - Under Extensions>PayPal Express Checkout>API Details - **the IPN URL is blank and if you paste one in it won't save it**

I also noticed during the installation there was 10 patches applied and I was wondering are these patches that our live site wouldn't have?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Regards,

Paul

Location - Toronto

Post by straightlight » Wed May 01, 2019 4:22 am

In admin/controller/extension/payment/pp_express.php file,

find:

Code: Select all

if (isset($this->request->post['payment_pp_express_test'])) {
add above:

$data['ipn_url'] = HTTP_CATALOG . 'index.php?route=extension/payment/pp_express/ipn';
Then, check again in the admin pp express form - noticing the IPN URL. It should now appear.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by p419 » Wed May 01, 2019 4:48 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 4:22 am
In admin/controller/extension/payment/pp_express.php file,

find:

if (isset($this->request->post['payment_pp_express_test'])) {
add above:

$data['ipn_url'] = HTTP_CATALOG . 'index.php?route=extension/payment/pp_express/ipn';
Then, check again in the admin pp express form - noticing the IPN URL. It should now appear.
Thanks for the reply.

That brings the IPN URL back in the admin but I still just get the spinning arrow when I click confirm order.

The PayPal Express in the fresh test site does look different than the live site, the Checkout tab and Unmatched Zones are different. I'm not sure if that effects anything...

I have debug turned on in PayPal Express. I'm not seeing one in the storage/logs. Where would I find the PayPal debug file?

Regards,

Paul

Location - Toronto

Post by straightlight » Wed May 01, 2019 4:57 am

The PayPal Express in the fresh test site does look different than the live site, the Checkout tab and Unmatched Zones are different. I'm not sure if that effects anything...
Please elaborate: different .

As for the logs, it should be located in your system/storage/logs folder (or outside your public_html folder where your storage folder might be located otherwise).

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by p419 » Wed May 01, 2019 5:15 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 4:57 am
Please elaborate: different .

As for the logs, it should be located in your system/storage/logs folder (or outside your public_html folder where your storage folder might be located otherwise).
There's no "Unmatched Zones" in the clean install and the content in the Checkout tab looks like this (Live is left/Clean is right):

Regards,

Paul

Location - Toronto

Post by straightlight » Wed May 01, 2019 5:25 am

Did you then replaced the PP express files with the package from the first post and cleared the cache from the admin dashboard and extensions - > modifications page?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by p419 » Wed May 01, 2019 6:33 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 5:25 am
Did you then replaced the PP express files with the package from the first post and cleared the cache from the admin dashboard and extensions - > modifications page?
Yes I did do that.
Should the PayPal admin look like the live version or the clean install?
I was just wondering if I should install all of the PP files from the clean install and see what effect that has. Is that something that's worth a try?

Regards,

Paul

Location - Toronto

Post by straightlight » Wed May 01, 2019 6:51 am

If you don't notice any changes between the modified version of PP express and the original one, then you may be looking at an OC cache issue since the Unmatched Zones tab is supposed to appear accordingly.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by p419 » Wed May 01, 2019 7:17 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:51 am
If you don't notice any changes between the modified version of PP express and the original one, then you may be looking at an OC cache issue since the Unmatched Zones tab is supposed to appear accordingly.
Are you talking visually or in a file comparison?

Regards,

Paul

Location - Toronto

Post by straightlight » Wed May 01, 2019 8:46 am

Both.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by p419 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:30 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:46 am
Both.
Hi straightlight,

Currently the live doesn't look the same as the clean install, and the files are not the same. I haven't applied the file package from this thread to the clean install. Should I be applying the files from this thread to the clean install as well?

Regards,

Paul

Location - Toronto

Post by straightlight » Wed May 01, 2019 7:16 pm

p419 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:33 am
straightlight wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 5:25 am
Yes I did do that.
Should the PayPal admin look like the live version or the clean install?
I was just wondering if I should install all of the PP files from the clean install and see what effect that has. Is that something that's worth a try?
p419 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:30 am
straightlight wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:46 am
Both.
Hi straightlight,

Currently the live doesn't look the same as the clean install, and the files are not the same. I haven't applied the file package from this thread to the clean install. Should I be applying the files from this thread to the clean install as well?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Thu May 02, 2019 3:02 am

Attachment updated on the first post.

- Fixed IPN URL not showing in OC admin extension module pp express form and now showing as readonly for the IPN

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by markus22mb » Thu May 09, 2019 4:39 pm

I read all previus post. Does fix now working for Journal 3 or not?

Thanks for answer!

Best Regards

Post by straightlight » Thu May 09, 2019 8:41 pm

If you'd read all posts from the topic, then you'd know that this step would be worth the try to find out: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=210578&start=40#p750773 . However, this fix is basically for the core, not for extensions.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON