Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:17 am

@JNeuhoff: The Highlands zone name conflicts with the Eastern Highlands. This zone name will have to be excluded from the helper file since there's a conflict (EH).

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:21 am

@JNeuhoff: Jersey conflicts with the US with the zone code: NJ . This zone code will have to be excluded from the helper file.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:13 am

@JNeuhoff: Isles of Scilly is not on the OC database. A commit will have to be created.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:44 am

Package updated on the first post.

- Fixed Controller class names
- Added validations between ship to country code and ship to state for GB zone codes in the catalog controller
- Added UK list in helper file (Thanks to JNeuhoff)
- Added zone name database field in catalog model

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:36 pm

@Straightlight: Please bear in mind that PayPal's SHIPTOSTATE simply don't have a proper matching with OpenCart's zone. I think that a SHIPTOSTATE can only be guaranteed to have a unique value within a given SHIPTOCOUNTRYCODE. In the case of the UK, the mappings between SHIPTOSTATE and OpenCart's zone were at times so conflicting that it was easier to find the UK OpenCart zones via postcodes.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by straightlight » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:11 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:36 pm
@Straightlight: Please bear in mind that PayPal's SHIPTOSTATE simply don't have a proper matching with OpenCart's zone. I think that a SHIPTOSTATE can only be guaranteed to have a unique value within a given SHIPTOCOUNTRYCODE. In the case of the UK, the mappings between SHIPTOSTATE and OpenCart's zone were at times so conflicting that it was easier to find the UK OpenCart zones via postcodes.
State codes: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/class ... tate_codes . As for the postcodes, indeed, I may have to look for those entries later on. For now, I have to stick on the objective with the zones among the countries where they are being restricted and which countries needs to be listed individually in the array from the controller while validating the zones versus those that are not required.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:57 am

Alright folks, the moment we've been expecting for where Business Users only! can use the AddressVerify method has arrived. I will not add these validations on the first post's ZIP file yet as it would be best to evaluate it first. In order to make this work, not only it would avoid all the zillions of postcodes being added on the database, it also requires PayPal service lines to activate this feature for store owners using these transactions in Production Mode as it is only available for Business Users with PayPal (Business Merchant Account); no choice on this one unfortunately.

To the users already fitting those requirements. Feel free to replace your catalog/controller/extension/payment/pp_express.php file with the one on the attachment and see if it works as expected.
Last edited by straightlight on Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by p419 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:10 am

Hello Everyone,

We're running a newly set up site on Open Cart 3.0.3.1/Journal 3 and are attempting to configure Paypal Express, without success.

I've read all the various threads that discuss files to change and code to add and I'm quite confused by the various threads.

Is there a location where an Open Cart user could download a set of up to date files for Paypal Express/Open Cart 3 that incorporates all of the discussed changes from the various threads?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Regards,

Paul

Location - Toronto

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:59 pm

p419 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:10 am
Hello Everyone,

We're running a newly set up site on Open Cart 3.0.3.1/Journal 3 and are attempting to configure Paypal Express, without success.

I've read all the various threads that discuss files to change and code to add and I'm quite confused by the various threads.

Is there a location where an Open Cart user could download a set of up to date files for Paypal Express/Open Cart 3 that incorporates all of the discussed changes from the various threads?

Thanks!
Yes, you can download the updated Paypal Express from Straightlight's link above.

Is there any particular reason why you have to use Journal 3 one of the worst OC themes? It will clash with many 3rd party extensions!

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by p419 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:32 pm

Thanks for the reply and answer JNeuhoff!

Although I'm not sure why you would follow up with an oddly insulting question... I'll answer your question. As an end user we chose Journal 3 because the template looks fantastic and it has excellent admin options that blow away any of the other templates we looked at. It's very obvious that the creators of Journal spent many, many man hours creating a good product and on the rare occasion we've had a problem they provide prompt customer service to assist within 24 hours. They also seem to be very committed to creating a great product for Open Cart.

One a last note....when Journal find bugs and issues in their templates they create a fix it, package it up and offer an update to their users for download. That doesn't sound so bad to me! I would call that smart customer service!

Regards,

Paul

Location - Toronto

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:14 pm

p419 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks!
No success does not provide the details on what you did in order to reproduce the issue. As for the location, on multiple locations on the topic, I have explicitly addressed that the package from the first post has been updated. For now, there are multiple downloads counted as well as showing the date and time of the edition of this package / post from the first post which already shows the incorporated files as well as also, again, the date and time of the updates.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:40 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:59 pm
p419 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks!
Yes, you can download the updated Paypal Express from Straightlight's link above.

Is there any particular reason why you have to use Journal 3 one of the worst OC themes? It will clash with many 3rd party extensions!
I presume that the AddressVerify method worked as expected in the mean time?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by p419 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:18 pm

straightlight wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:14 pm

No success does not provide the details on what you did in order to reproduce the issue. As for the location, on multiple locations on the topic, I have explicitly addressed that the package from the first post has been updated. For now, there are multiple downloads counted as well as showing the date and time of the edition of this package / post from the first post which already shows the incorporated files as well as also, again, the date and time of the updates.
Thanks for the reply straightlight,

Regarding what we've done to reproduce the issue.....I've downloaded and installed the zipped files posted from this thread, enabled Paypal express, added our Paypal API username, password and signature in the admin, logged into the front end as a customer, added a product to cart and attempted to checkout and the confirm order arrow spins and spins.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,

Paul

Location - Toronto

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:25 pm

I've downloaded and installed the zipped files posted from this thread
Which one? From the first post or the one above for Business Users?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by p419 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:31 pm

straightlight wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:25 pm
I've downloaded and installed the zipped files posted from this thread
Which one? From the first post or the one above for Business Users?
From the first post.

Regards,

Paul

Location - Toronto

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:33 pm

Since you are using Journal3, have you read this post on the topic: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=210578&start=40#p750773 regarding the sort order list?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by p419 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:39 pm

straightlight wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:33 pm
Since you are using Journal3, have you read this post on the topic: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=210578&start=40#p750773 regarding the sort order list?
I did read that and that's where I started getting confused... I tried enabling both yesterday and PayPal standard does launch when you click confirm order but if I remember correctly Express does not.

Regards,

Paul

Location - Toronto

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:41 pm

The confusion and tryout about that addressed post was not mentioned on your first post. However, since Opencart does not support Journal, you could either contact the Journal3 support or create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this fixed as a custom job with Journal specifically.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by p419 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:54 pm

straightlight wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:41 pm
The confusion and tryout about that addressed post was not mentioned on your first post. However, since Opencart does not support Journal, you could either contact the Journal3 support or create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this fixed as a custom job with Journal specifically.
Thanks straightlight, I'll submit a request to Journal.

Regards,

Paul

Location - Toronto

Post by straightlight » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:56 pm

Package updated on first post.

- Removed Business Users controller file from the post above and now added into the package officially to use the AddressVerify method for PayPal Express
- Cleaned validation variables (for those who can). Otherwise, it verifies the zone code
- Added SuccessWithWarning response along with Success ones in uppercase mode to avoid browser response compatibility (RFC compliance)
- Fixed a few payment keys that used to be in the shipping portions and now regrouped payments with shipping keys accordingly.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON