Post by Fkdhwb » Thu May 21, 2020 6:21 am

I've been working on a custom OC 3.0 project for a few months. During this time I feel I've learned the innerworkings of OC fairly well as part of my task was building a fairly complex custom module. I've also purchased numerous extensions in order to add functionality and save time. All told, I'd say about 50% of the time the extensions don't work and of those, most are unsalvageble or downright useless. Others have big security holes or are constantly phoning home or both. And it's not like I'm indiscriminate. I make sure to buy only those that are recently updated and have some positive comments. But still - mostly garbage. I just finished fixing a non-functioning $20 mod that was riddled with typos. How does this junk make it to the market?

I will say I've had great experience with the mods from Jonathan at OpenCartX. But the opencart.com marketplace is a minefield of crap.

End rant. Thanks for listening.

Post by straightlight » Thu May 21, 2020 7:09 am

This topic has now been moved to the OpenCart 3.0 Support > Feedback section of the forum.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Johnathan » Thu May 21, 2020 10:09 pm

Fkdhwb wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:21 am
I will say I've had great experience with the mods from Jonathan at OpenCartX.
Thanks ;D

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator