Post by brian47374 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:22 am

Either I am missing something here… or I think that OC might have went backwards instead of forward. In version 2.3.0.2 you could go into the Products list and search by Product Name, SKU, Product Code, Price, Quantity, Category, Status, Image, and Manufacturer. And now in 3.0.3.2 we can only search by Product Name, Model, Price, Quantity, and Status. Can someone please explain to me why Category was left out in the search? IMHO… this was one of the best filters there was. Now, I am going to have to go through and take A LOT more time to do what needs to be done because the Category filter was removed. Any bright ideas on how to fix this issue or get it done another way?

Thanks!

Post by rjcalifornia » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:59 am

brian47374 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:22 am
Either I am missing something here… or I think that OC might have went backwards instead of forward. In version 2.3.0.2 you could go into the Products list and search by Product Name, SKU, Product Code, Price, Quantity, Category, Status, Image, and Manufacturer. And now in 3.0.3.2 we can only search by Product Name, Model, Price, Quantity, and Status. Can someone please explain to me why Category was left out in the search? IMHO… this was one of the best filters there was. Now, I am going to have to go through and take A LOT more time to do what needs to be done because the Category filter was removed. Any bright ideas on how to fix this issue or get it done another way?

Thanks!
You can try this extension:
After downloading the extension, unzip it. You will find three folders inside it. Upload the .zip file inside the module folder.

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by xxvirusxx » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:39 am

brian47374 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:22 am
In version 2.3.0.2 you could go into the Products list and search by Product Name, SKU, Product Code, Price, Quantity, Category, Status, Image, and Manufacturer.
No.
On a clean version you can filter only for: Product name, model, price, quantity, status and image
And on 3.x only filter by image was removed.

So on you 2.3.0.2 you use an extension

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by brian47374 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:12 pm

I don't recall using an extension but you all are the experts so I guess I did. However, I think that it would be a good idea to include Category as a filter. After all, I cannot imagine it being all that difficult to add that to the queries. I did download the one extension and it works fine. Thanks to everyone for their help!

Post by rjcalifornia » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:40 am

brian47374 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:12 pm
I don't recall using an extension but you all are the experts so I guess I did. However, I think that it would be a good idea to include Category as a filter. After all, I cannot imagine it being all that difficult to add that to the queries. I did download the one extension and it works fine. Thanks to everyone for their help!
I'm glad it worked! Yeah it was strange not seeing it in the new version but I installed the extension as well.

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide