Post by tomross » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:35 am

Hey guys,

I currently have a dilemma because a client of mine wants me to switch his website (gold-flyer.com/castle-clash-hack-2018-unlimited-gems/) from wordpress to opencart. At the moment his site doesn't actually sell anything but he is going to start selling.

Not quite sure on what the advantages are with using opencart

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:51 pm

Not sure which kind of information you want to get.
Seems to me more to promote a site offering illegal content.
And if you - or your client - want to open a webshop, OpenCart is the right thing for it.

Forum Rules [en]: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
Forumregeln [de]: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=114208
Commercial Request: viewforum.php?f=88

Image Image Image

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by cosmicx » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:14 am

Looking at "WooCommerce to OpenCart" angle, I'd say it's a good decision. Regardless of the purpose you got there, OpenCart is the way to go, especially when comparing to WooCommerce. OpenCart is built for eCommerce, it has built-in tools for ecommerce management. Most of all, it's fast to setup and performs well.

I tried Magento, damn it's so slow and you need extra powered VPS just to run a demo instance. OpenCart is fast, whether on localhost LAMP or Shared Hosting.

I tried WooCommerce too, and I feel like I'm posting a blog post while stitching a product details to it. I hated that.

OpenCart is the way to go - at least for me.

Post by johnp » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:11 pm

I would also add Opencart is the way to go. I've used WP and Woo and IMO Woo is ok if your site or blog also happens to sell a few items. For dedicated selling and marketing Opencart is my first choice.

I have also used Magento and wouldn't ever go back there. Life's too short. Lol. :)

Opencart 1.5.6.5/Default Theme/VQMOD 2.6.1 lover, user and geek.
Fast Service for Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades plus Ecommerce, Marketing and More
https://asandwhenbusinessservices.co.uk
https://asandwhenbusinessservices.co.uk ... e-services

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by marianoitaliano » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:30 am

I also used WooCommerce for some time and it's really hard to get used to its interface. Adding products isn't quick nor intuitive. Plus not too many customization options. So if you would like to have fast and clean shop then OpenCart is surely a better solution.

Post by Jane Doan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:00 am

Hello, you can easily upgrade your opencart store or migrate from any platform to Opencart through Data Migration Service.

Firstly Search Woocommerce to Opencart,

Try some recommended sites with live chat, ask them any question.
IF you find it ok, get their module, unzip and upload into Woocommerce and Opencart root folder via FTP protocol.
Then go to their Migration Page.
Fill Woocommerce URL and Opencart URL,
RUn.
That's it. No tech and programmming skills or coding. You can run it yourself. If you don't want to deal with it, use their service. Goodluck!

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:21 am

Well, just take care, since real OC Life might not be quite as easy, as
it may look, after reading the above. Expecially, if you select a Version,
not yet quite ready for Beginners. So, better check around here first,
to avoid frustration, by accidentally selecting one of the latest Beta
Versions, and then end up here again, searching for rare free help,
if you don't get anywhere.
Good Luck!
Ernie

I am no longer active at the OC Forum, to reach me, contact: jti@jacob.ch
My latest free Opencart LIGHT 1.5.6.5 Source is available on demand: http://www.opencart.li/dark/
900+ FREE OC Extension-Repositories - from OC v.1.5.x up, on the
world's largest OC-related Github Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by hypemedia » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:21 pm

Before changing to Opencart, asset all the features that you have and need in the future for the shop. Opencart out of the box does not have variations, SEO is not that great and many other features that can be fixed with plugins but is not always that simple. If you want to customise something is not as simple as with hooks like in wordpress, it is a mix system between vqmod/ocmod and events but is not really there yet I needs much improvement. On the other hand Opencart it has a fast admin compared to woocommerce and can be quite scalable. If you have under 100.000 products you can stay without problems on woocomerce the plugin system environment is huge there and also a lot more healthy than the one on Opencart. You will find little technical documentation for Opencart as developer it will be more trial and error and you will need time to understand the framework.

Post by sixpayne » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:46 am

Personally think that wp (woocommerce) is simply a disaster, such as multi-language, multi-currency is its weakness, for the mall is oc is the lightest, WP and OC are both CMS but the latter is more suitable for the mall. O0

Post by christajmartin876 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:36 am

I saw that you were having problem deciding whether to switch from WooCommerce to OpenCart. To help you better, I made a small comparison between these two and propose a solution for you if you end up migrating your store to OpenCart.

This comparison will cover 3 aspects:
1. WooCommerce vs OpenCart Pricing: Both WooCommerce vs OpenCart can be download and use permanently for free. They provides many features and shows their high flexibility. Because of free use, they are really a popular choice of many users, which means you can enjoy a large community and get a lot of helpful tips from here.

However, like other open source, you need to pay hosting fee with the average of $10/month. You can find many providers cheaper or more expensive depending on your plan, target or purpose.

2. SEO: OpenCart allows you to adjust meta titles, descriptions, and other keywords helping you to attract shoppers. You are expected to know a little technical skill to fully make use of its SEO features. However, the admin interface is very detailed, it’s easy to see where your options are and how to move things around.

WooCommerce has access to extensions and plugins to help with SEO. It’s still reasonably intuitive if you’re familiar with WordPress CMS. SEO here is only limited by your imagination. As your skills grow, your features will only get better. Expert found that SEO in Woocommerce can be considered among the best.

=> WooCommerce for WordPress sites. OpenCart for standalone option.

3. Features: To be honest, both platforms are feature-rich enough to build and scale your online shop. WooCommerce includes things like pre-installed payment gateways and WordPress content integration, making it easy to go from your blog to your store. There are multiple shipping options, analysis tools, and tax calculators. OpenCart isn’t quite as far-reaching, but you’ll still get enough features to scale a business. It has over 20 gateways for payment and over eight shipping methods. It supports multiple currencies, countries, tax issues, and has unlimited products.

=> For more massive (or potentially scalable) businesses, choose OpenCart.

Solution for your WooCommerce to OpenCart migration: The best way to get this done easily with highest level of accuracy and security and reasonable price is using automated cart migration service, namely litextension.com!
Since you are a website freelance, you should know that some of the shopping cart companies offer partnership with website agency like you. You can benefit a lot from this program and save up to 40% discounts for any migration.

Post by ketan_mishra » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:26 pm

Recently, I have performed migrate Woocommerce to Opencart. I would recommend using Next-Cart automated shopping cart migration service to simplify your task of Woocommerce to Opencart import.
The SaaS saved me a lot of time and efforts. By performing the migration with the help of SaaS, you can skip the worries about any data loss since the service treats the data privately. Also, your current platform will stay uptime during the transfer, so you keep selling the products during the switch