Post by tech1x10 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:38 am

Hello folks, just a general observation today. I was quite disturbed when reading an opencart review on http://www.shopping-cart-reviews.com/ca ... nCart.aspx

To be fair, I think the product is excellent and the small number of problems I've had over the past few months of using OpenCart, have been responded to and fixed professionally, timely and with courtesy by the members on this forum so I think we should reply on mass and remove these negative reviews.

Best wishes.

Post by rph » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:18 am

One of the problems with reviews is they tend to attract more negative comments. People who are happy with a product are some of the last to leave a rating.

There are some valid complaints in there like the long standing lack of an active bug fix branch but many are the usual issues you get on free projects: people want high quality software tailored to their needs but don't want to make any kind of investment (whether it's finding a solution themselves, purchasing a mod, or hiring a developer) to get it.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by tech1x10 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:07 pm

rph wrote:people want high quality software tailored to their needs but don't want to make any kind of investment (whether it's finding a solution themselves, purchasing a mod, or hiring a developer)
Good point, well made