Post by Somethingnew » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:38 pm

Ok....
Really need help here. The below error only happens at checkout when registering account. it doesn't appear until you push continue after entering your information. http://www.pricesinpar.com
I've tried everything including a reinstall.
but I still get this error:
SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character

OK

<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: password in <b>/home2/pricesin/public_html/store/catalog/controller/checkout/register.php</b> on line <b>210</b><b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: confirm in <b>/home2/pricesin/public_html/store/catalog/controller/checkout/register.php</b> on line <b>214</b><b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: password in <b>/home2/pricesin/public_html/store/catalog/controller/checkout/register.php</b> on line <b>214</b>{"error":{"password":"Password must be between 3 and 20 characters!"}}

I cant seem to solve this issue. Please help

Post by pprmkr » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:03 pm

Error is in theme file template/checkout/checkout.tpl

Code: Select all

// Register
$('#button-register').live('click', function() {
	$.ajax({
		url: 'index.php?route=checkout/register/validate',
		type: 'post',
		data: $('#payment-address input[type=\'text\'], #payment-address input[type=\'checkbox\']:checked, #payment-address input[type=\'checkbox\']:checked, #payment-address input[type=\'radio\']:checked, #payment-address input[type=\'hidden\'], #payment-address select'),
Should be:

Code: Select all

// Register
$('#button-register').live('click', function() {
	$.ajax({
		url: 'index.php?route=checkout/register/validate',
		type: 'post',
		data: $('#payment-address input[type=\'text\'], #payment-address input[type=\'password\'], #payment-address input[type=\'checkbox\']:checked, #payment-address input[type=\'radio\']:checked, #payment-address input[type=\'hidden\'], #payment-address select'),
Contact the developer of your theme.

Location - Netherlands

Post by Somethingnew » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:11 pm

Thank you.. That worked.

Cheers!

Post by santura » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:42 pm

I am having this same issue, but I am using OC version 1.5.5.1 and this fix didn't work for me, as the code is the same as the replace code already.

... and If I look at the page with firebug, none of the fields referenced actually exist

Post by dxLisaE » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:16 am

I am running version 1.5.6 - and the cart has been installed since October 2013 - never a problem until yesterday.

It is now throwing a SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected Character OK <?>p . (The <?> being the diamond with the ? mark in it).

I have spent about five - six hours trying to resolve. The suggestion for the code update on the checkout.tpl - that code is the same as what already exists. Can someone please help?

Post by pprmkr » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:44 pm

@dxLisaE and @santura

Please post url to page generating the error ...

Location - Netherlands