Post by sizzlingscience » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:58 am

If a person is logged in and they hover over the logo it is displaying their first name rather than the store name that I have placed in admin.
logohover.png

logohover.png (246.7 KiB) Viewed 584 times

http://www.sizzlingscience.co.uk

Can anyone help as to why it may be doing this?

Thanks, Melanie
Last edited by sizzlingscience on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by butte » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:02 am

Doublecheck where you typed what, and where all you did or didn't type it, among store settings. [Okay, NOW I see, it's customer's rather than your name, so I'll continue.]

Some of your images have space in their names (showing as %20), including what would otherwise be ssfavicon.png and ssbackground.png, although alike still others gridbackground.png and logo.png don't have a space. That raises possibility that you should doublecheck specifically all of the logo files in the two places under image/ for the original file and for the cached thumbnails. Also look at admin panel for wherever you put in logo.png or added a space. If you altered any files manually, look for that same possible discrepancy as to the space (%20). Logo.png has no space in it, but if you typed it anywhere (including in modified files) with a space by force of habit, something will go wrong.

Guru Member

Post by sizzlingscience » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:46 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I've got rid of the spaces in the file names and searched through the files that might have had logo.png in it but the issue is still the same.

Any more thoughts? thank you

Post by butte » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:03 am

If logohover.png is the image starting the thread (notwithstanding the "(246.7 KiB) Viewed 12 times"), then it's moot, but it's not among images in the landing page. I see in the image above both the logo and Emma, causing me to wonder whether there's a logohover.png inserted somewhere in settings or code that should be dealt with (by Steed and Mrs. Peale, perhaps).

Guru Member

Post by sizzlingscience » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:50 pm

I've noticed the same thing in the template demo store, so I am awaiting their response, think you are right there is a bit of code needing tidying up.