Post by insomniak » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:29 pm

I have had a few customers call me saying they are getting an error during checkout, the error message is:

"Warning - Shipping Method Required"

This error only seems to occur on Internet Explorer, and I was previously unable to re-create this error myself and the site has been taking orders on a daily basis so it only seems to affect some users. I have visited the site on IE9 and attempted to checkout as a guest then completed the fields then selected shipping method and it seemed fine, but if I then click "modify" and and edit the address slightly then press continue the error then shows up. Both shipping options are visible on the screen with one of them selected but it will not let you go any further.

My site is http://www.eliquidworld.co.uk I am running 1.5.5.1 and using Shoppica 2 Theme but have just tried the default template and the same error is present so it is not a template based error.

I use the Royal Mail shipping module and only have a flat rate postage, so its also not to do with products shipping weight etc.

Any help would be most appreciated as I am probably losing sales everyday due to this error.

Post by insomniak » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:54 pm

No one else experiencing this then?

Post by insomniak » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:51 am

I found the fix here:

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 58#p395258

Many thanks again to Danny for coming up with this!

Post by oasisfleeting » Tue May 20, 2014 10:05 am

I'm having this problem and I'm only using one shipping module. "Flat Rate shipping"

The error in the codebase is in catalog/controller/checkout/shipping_method.php and it's the last OR clause of the if statement.

Code: Select all

if (!isset($shipping[0]) || !isset($shipping[1]) || !isset($this->session->data['shipping_methods'][$shipping[0]]['quote'][$shipping[1]])) {
If you're only using one shipping method like "Flat Rate" shipping then this vqmod will fix the problem. Forcing the posted shipping method to the desired method $this->request->post['shipping_method'] = "flat.flat";

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<modification>
        <id>Force shipping rate</id>
        <version>1.0</version>
        <vqmver>2.X</vqmver>
        <author>oasisfleeting</author>
        <file name="catalog/controller/checkout/shipping_method.php">
                <operation info="fix shipping method error">
                        <search position="before"><![CDATA[
                        if (!isset($this->request->post['shipping_method'])) {
                        ]]></search>
                        <add><![CDATA[
                        $this->request->post['shipping_method'] = "flat.flat";
                        ]]></add>
                </operation>
        </file>
</modification>
This method will only work if you want to force a shipping method and avoid "Warning Shipping Method Required" error.