Post by k17 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:51 am

Now, I am using 1.5.4.1 and I would like to know how can one disable list of other countries in drop down menu which is shown during a customer adding their details.

For example, I would like to have only Thailand. So, they don't have to scroll down for Thailand.

And, is it possible to change the name of country to local Thai language not just English?

Moreover, can I change the name of each province from English into Thai instead?

Thank you.
Last edited by k17 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

k17

Post by straightlight » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:12 am

Yes, under the admin - > settings - > localisation - > countries (and same for the zones), you can edit each Countries and Zones by languages - also depending if your store is running on multiple languages. If not, then the English version would be the default one on the drop-down list once your customers purchases their products.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by bigal » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:11 pm

admin -> settings -> location -> countries -> click edit for the contry you are editing and set status to disabled
then this country won't show up in the drop down list.

This would take a long time to edit all countries. To shorten the process, just go to phpMyadmin and run an update query to set all countries to disabled.

update xx_country set status = 0 ;

where xx_ is the table prefix.

Then go to
admin -> settings -> location -> countries -> click edit for the country and want to enable and change status to enabled

Best Regards/Allen Chen

Post by k17 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:01 pm

OH! That's real easy.

Thank you so much bigal and straightlight for your help. You two are AWESOME!

Have a great day guys.

K

k17

Post by tingwing » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:26 pm

if you are using journal theme,you need to do one more step of disabling its quick checkout function

my extension:https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... estshop24h
email :support@bestshop24h.com
site:http://www.bestshop24h.com