Post by lance2013 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:20 am

OS. 1.5.4.1
HOSTING: inmotion shared

my website was hosting on inmotion, yesterday, site was suspended for excessive CPU usage

my site is getting a very large amount of search engine traffic, and as it doesn't have any form of caching set up, it requires a significant amount of server power for each page visit

the tech guy of inmotion ask me to make modifications to my site that can help reduce its overall resource consumption by robots.txt file.

any suggestion will be greatly welcome.

User avatar
Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Post by stf » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:08 pm

optimize your SQL DB and get some caching mods .... I had the same problem in the past and that fixed it.

stf
New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Post by lance2013 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:02 am

stf wrote:optimize your SQL DB and get some caching mods .... I had the same problem in the past and that fixed it.
thanks for your help.
however, i am not a tech guy, could you exactly how to do it?

User avatar
Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Post by rempong » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:00 pm

cheapest step:
Buy caching module(s) on opencart extension page. If that still not enough :
- Contact a Profesional
- Get / move another host

OPENCART MODULE :
Opencart Compare Link VQMOD, Link your compared product to forum/email

Copy and DIRECTLY Edit Product, the easy way.

Custom Product Sort, Full control to product sorting options

Already Sold Product Module, shows total product sold

Opencart Shortcode (Wordpress Clone)


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:38 pm
Location - Indonesia

Post by stf » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:49 pm

try this free extension for optimizing your database: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... _license=0

and for caching ...search for increase page speed in the extensions section and there are plenty of them to buy..

that should fix your problems

stf
New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Post by Johnathan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:23 am


Image
Image Image Image Image


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:08 am


Post by lance2013 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:36 am

rempong wrote:cheapest step:
Buy caching module(s) on opencart extension page. If that still not enough :
- Contact a Profesional
- Get / move another host
Thanks for your information. I am try that.

User avatar
Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Post by lance2013 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:37 am

stf wrote:try this free extension for optimizing your database: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... _license=0

and for caching ...search for increase page speed in the extensions section and there are plenty of them to buy..

that should fix your problems

It's great appreciated for your kindly assistance.

I will try it and feedback then.

User avatar
Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Post by lance2013 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:37 am

Johnathan wrote:Jay has a good caching extension: http://www.opencartx.com/vqmod-page-cac ... le-ranking
it sounds not a good idea, because it's too expensive.

User avatar
Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Post by lance2013 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:19 am

rempong wrote:cheapest step:
Buy caching module(s) on opencart extension page. If that still not enough :
- Contact a Profesional
- Get / move another host
Hi rempong,

sorry for the boring. i followed your instruction and search "page speed" in extension, here is the result,
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ge%20speed

I have already had this one "Increase Page Speed Minify Compress Cache Database Optimization"

and some guy recommend this one "[VQMOD] Page Cache - Boost your site speed and Google ranking", but i think it's too expensive.

Could you help to recommend another one?

Thanks in advance.
Lance

User avatar
Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Post by Johnathan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:47 pm

Jay Gilford is known for quality extensions, so I really would end up recommending his. I haven't tried any of the others, so I can't really vouch for anything else.

Hope you are able to solve your issue without having to spend too much.

Image
Image Image Image Image


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:08 am


Post by lance2013 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:32 am

Johnathan wrote:Jay Gilford is known for quality extensions, so I really would end up recommending his. I haven't tried any of the others, so I can't really vouch for anything else.

Hope you are able to solve your issue without having to spend too much.
Thanks for your information.

User avatar
Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:19 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 49 guests