Post by sai » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:17 am

One of my client's store has 6000+ products and adding 200-500 products every month
Can Opencart support it ?

I found that the opencart is design for some small store with less than 100 item
There is no product pagination by date created at the bottom of 1st page home.php, page 1,2,3,4 like blog

When u have many product, u need something like sort by date and latest product pagination for all products
The regular customer come back every month to check for some new things, but he has to click for difference categories to find it, and the problem is you can't sort it by date.

It is not user friendly.

A solution at below link but it should built into the admin function, let user choose default as sort by date or A-Z
but it is still not solve the pagination page 1,2,3,4 for all products (not category)

[1.3.4] Sort products in category by latest
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9395

sai

Post by Daniel » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:44 am

sai wrote:One of my client's store has 6000+ products and adding 200-500 products every month
Can Opencart support it ?
OpenCart will support this easily!
sai wrote:I found that the opencart is design for some small store with less than 100 item
There is no product pagination by date created at the bottom of 1st page home.php, page 1,2,3,4 like blog
Why would the avarage shop need a date added sort? I have had client use OpenCart with 150,000 products!

You really think Magetno could handle that many? Its already slow!
sai wrote:When u have many product, u need something like sort by date and latest product pagination for all products

The regular customer come back every month to check for some new things, but he has to click for difference categories to find it, and the problem is you can't sort it by date.
SO? if you need sort by date then pay for it to be coded! It will take about 10 minutes.
sai wrote:It is not user friendly.
Go and customise magento and see how friendly you thing OpenCart is then!
sai wrote:A solution at below link but it should built into the admin function, let user choose default as sort by date or A-Z
but it is still not solve the pagination page 1,2,3,4 for all products (not category).
Your opinion!

Your really cheeky! you get a fully working FREE shopping cart system that you probably have sold to your client and you can not code the changes the client needs. So you come on the forum and complain!

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:20 am

I think you are talking about a very specific situation. I can't see too many people coming to a site and sorting by date on a regular basis, particularly one that has lots and lots of products. When is the last time you searched amazon by date added?

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by sai » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:01 pm

I'm designer only, not programmer. I don't know the pagination is so easy, i'll get a programmer to do it for me asap.

Thank you for the suggestion. i really like opencart, it is the best cart i ever seen, maybe i'm requesting too much. Opencart is simple and powerful ........ i don't like magento, cscart, they are too complicated

sai

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:22 pm

there is a thread that talks about changing the default sort to latest. It would be easy to take the information from that thread and add a sort by latest/oldest to the dropdown.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by ameliaa » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:22 am

Xsecrets wrote:there is a thread that talks about changing the default sort to latest. It would be easy to take the information from that thread and add a sort by latest/oldest to the dropdown.

Is this the thread: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 489#p49489? I want my products to be sorted by date too by default. When you have less than 200 products in store, it's kinda nice for your customers to see the new items first and not the same old ones at the front.