Post by markvarley » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:14 pm

I'm moving my stores to a new host and having some problems.
I've copied all the files in public_html to the new server, created a database and uploaded a backup of my database, changed the paths in config.php and admin/config.php

I'm currently using Opencart 1.4.9.4

After apparently solving alot of errors I'm now getting the same errors on the two stores I've moved so far:
----------------
Error: Table 'u104721217_printsho.setting' doesn't exist
Error No: 1146
SELECT * FROM setting
----------------
any help would be very gratefully received..

Mark.

Post by ultraspoon » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:08 pm

Before you moved your store to the new host, did you backup your SQL database? You then need to re-upload the database on your new host, and make sure that connection details are correct in the Config.php files.

I'm no expert, but that looks like the store cant find some tables in the database.

Post by markvarley » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:20 pm

Yes I did that, a few times incase one of the backups was corrupted or something.
I'm seeing it's probably a database issue too but I've made a backup and installed/uploaded it to a new database on the new host, I don't know what else I can do! I've checked the config.php files and as far as I can tell they're correct now...

Post by markvarley » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Could there be some kind of problem with the database not being recognised by the new server? server software servers maybe? this one is driving me nuts!

Post by markvarley » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:54 am

I seem to have a solution.
Uploading the database backup through the host control panel wasn't working at all.
Transferring the fresh files for Opencart and overwriting what I already transferred from my old host (thereby maintaining images in their directories), going through the Opencart setup, then uploading the database backup within opencart admin seems to have solved all problems.

My database backups were good but something about uploading them via the host control panel was causing problems and the only way to get to the opencart admin is to upload a fresh install of opencart.