Post by mohawkjones » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:47 am

Having issues with my Opencart store since I tried adding the import/export module. I wanted to change the domain name anyway as it was originally a test site. Is it possible to create a new Opencart install and transfer all my product, manufacturer, settings and such over to a new install?

I have been searching but have not a very straight forward answer.

Thanks for any assistance!

Post by mohawkjones » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:19 pm

The reason I am asking this is I am trying to set up my OC site on a new permanent domain. I was hoping to be able to do a fresh install, apply my theme and import all of my products, images, data fields, etc from through out the original site.

I tried saving a backup and restoring, which brought my category over and mot much else. I tried doing a retore from a file created using PHPmyAdmin, and I get no products. Various google searches have several work arounds but mostly for older versions. I am running the latest update 1.5.4.1. Is there someway I can use FTP to drag and drop the old product and image files over into my new site?

Any help or pointers is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Post by dstegall » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:06 am

I have a similar situation. I currently use Volusion and want to switch back to a non-hosted cart. I've installed OpenCart 1.5.4. I can export into csv or xml from Volusion. What is the best/easiest way or extension to use to import into OpenCart? Thanks for any help!

Post by MarieM » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:36 pm

Hello Mohawkjones and Dstegall,

I think both of your issues can be solved with Cart2Cart. This service can move different store data between shopping carts. For instance, you can transfer data from OC to OC or from Volusion to OC. The only issue you will have to deal with is restoring customer passwords if you decide to move your clients profiles. Your customers will have to use a password recovery.
Good luck =)

Post by justcurious » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:44 am

Google Product Feed - Get your products into Google Shopping. Includes a bulk update facility.
Backup Pro - Backup (on demand or scheduled), Restore and Clone your store.
Freestyle Box - Add multiple information boxes on multiple pages of your store. Includes optional "Code Mode".
View my other extensions

Location - UK