Post by owner » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi all..

I'm using OC 1.5.13

when someone order the product & checkout, the stock is auto reduce, event the status order is pending.

stupid simple question ;D

i want the stock auto reduce ONLY when order status is complete. and it set manually at admin.

cause lot of visitor only test & trial website and canceled the order

going through the search but not found what i'm looking for..

please some advice
many thanks

Post by grgr » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:00 am

If you want to reduce the stock when the status is complete that would suggest the you are shipping a finite amount of physical stock. In which case, what happens when you haven't updated an order yet, someone else comes along to purchase but because you've not updated the order, you're actually out of stock?

This is the reason that stock is deducted on order confirmation.

For that reason I don't think that you will find a ready made solution for what you are looking for. You'll need to create it yourself or get someone to do it for you.

-
Image Image Image Image
VIEW ALL EXTENSIONS * EXTENSION SUPPORT * WEBSITE * CUSTOM REQUESTS

Location - UK

Post by owner » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:38 am

grgr wrote:In which case, what happens when you haven't updated an order yet, someone else comes along to purchase but because you've not updated the order, you're actually out of stock?
yes, if in your case the order is automatically paid by customers when checkout is complete.

it doesn't mean that customer who order first will make a first payment too..

i believe that most cases on physical product, people doesn't directly paid the order.

so who's paid first, they will have the product. but if someone who confirmed payment later, meanwhile the product is out of stock, we just can cancelled or pre-order them..

i just don't believe that OC doesn't have this simple feature :)

Post by jty » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:28 am

owner wrote:i just don't believe that OC doesn't have this simple feature :)
It's not that simple. If it's done the way you want it, other people would be complaining that they are getting orders for things that are out of stock. Example, say you have 1 of an item and stock is not updated until the order is complete, buyer 1 and buyer 2 both place an order within a minute apart. In this scenario, unless you are able to process orders in one minute, you would have to write to one of the buyers and tell them the product is out of stock.

To do what you want to do, don't use the "subtract" product feature. Instead, copy the code that reduces stock in the confirm function in catalog/model/checkout/order.php and stick it into admin/model/sale/order.php in the addOrderHistory function and make the necessary changes to suit your set-up

ie If order_status = whatever your complete order status id is, then reduce stock.

A better way would be to use the stock reduce feature as is and write the mod to increase the stock when the order is cancelled. Same idea but in reverse.

jty

Post by grgr » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:32 pm

owner wrote: i believe that most cases on physical product, people doesn't directly paid the order.

so who's paid first, they will have the product. but if someone who confirmed payment later, meanwhile the product is out of stock, we just can cancelled or pre-order them..

i just don't believe that OC doesn't have this simple feature :)
I think that you will find that in 99.9 % of online shops, customers pay at time of order. If you give them the option to pay by bank transfer/cheque etc then they will, but there will, of course, be a slight delay. In the mean time, you have just really annoyed a customer that probably won't came back and purchase again.

If that is how you want/need to run your store then that's fine, but I can't think of any online stores that would have this feature built in - it's not something that I have come across before. Your proposal would be fine for a store that gets few orders, but what would happen on a store that gets 20, 50, 100 or even a 1000 orders a day; it would be chaos!

-
Image Image Image Image
VIEW ALL EXTENSIONS * EXTENSION SUPPORT * WEBSITE * CUSTOM REQUESTS

Location - UK

Post by owner » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:48 am

A better way would be to use the stock reduce feature as is and write the mod to increase the stock when the order is cancelled. Same idea but in reverse.
thx jty..
when customer doesn't make any payment for a period of time and i have to set the order to canceled, but the stock wont restore to previous value.
i think it should be standard opencart feature, right?
did i missed any setting?
If you give them the option to pay by bank transfer/cheque etc then they will, but there will, of course, be a slight delay.
yes grgr, it is the only payment that suit with my country.
most of visitor doesn't use the invoice to paid the order. almost 50-60% just testing and not serious buyer. when they want to buy, they preferred to call or mail to make an order rather than to use auto cart system. I tell them to use the system that automatically handle the order. it is hard to socialized ecommerce system in my country :)

Post by owner » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:12 am

Is there any update or mod that support this feature?
or is just only me who noticed this problems?

please advice guys..
thanks

Post by JIMSLITA » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi Owner/ everyone

I am interested to know what you did to resolve this situation? I currently run a CubeCart store (old version 3) and in that cart the stock is only decremented once order status = processing (ie once payment confirmation has been received from the bank or cheque received in the post) If someone places items in their basket and 'places' the order but doesn't complete payment then the cart rechecks stock before allowing the customer to advance to the payment gateway.
grgr wrote:
If that is how you want/need to run your store then that's fine, but I can't think of any online stores that would have this feature built in - it's not something that I have come across before. Your proposal would be fine for a store that gets few orders, but what would happen on a store that gets 20, 50, 100 or even a 1000 orders a day; it would be chaos! G
I, like owner, sell physical goods - many of which are not infinitely available so restocking can be a problem. Also we get abandoned baskets which mean that the stock levels would be constantly in a mess. How are you supposed to set up the store so that the stock deducted by am abandoned cart gets added back to the stock level (and stock option level) - do you have to manually adjust this? On grgr example of 1000 orders a day that will be a lot of manual work for no-sale baskets?

Hope someone can help clear this up a bit for this OpenCart novice!

OC v 1.5.4 with alot of tweaks,exts & mods.

Post by joshgeake » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:24 pm

did anyone else get anywhere with this? It's basically allocating stock to an order instead of just a fixed number on `product`.