Post by Avvici » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:45 am

yes, debug and look in error logs when doing your own testing. You really need to "always" do your own testing first ;)

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by blueandbell » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:17 am

Is no one able to offer an answer to this? ???

Post by unknownmale1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:36 pm

I am still having this issue.

All orders come through as Missing. I've changed default to complete, Paypal to complete.

Checked with paypal which is reporting a 200 http code (Sent ok)

Checked the message being sent by paypal which includes this "&payment_status=Completed" So why wont it comeback as complete?

I have no idea why the status is being changed to missing.

Post by oc_zippy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:22 am

Anyone ever solve this??? .. I'm having the same issue, orders showing up in "missing" using Paypal standard. If you solved this, can you please share?

I looked into the 'fix' that was mentioned regarding the encryption.php file and they are exactly the same between 1.5.4 and 1.5.4.1, so that wont fix anything.

Post by blueandbell » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Doesn't appear so. Lots of hot air, but no answers.

Seems a lot of topics like that here :(

Post by neebster » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:28 pm

I am yet another who is suffering with "missing orders". I had 1.5.2 working fine and then sometime between 18 March and 1 April I stopped getting new order emails and the orders started to become "missing".

I've now upgraded to 1.5.4, but a test order did the same thing. Read lots of other topics looking for fixes, but nothing has worked.

I can't understand why it just changed one day.

Post by rm79 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:46 pm

Guys!!!...It is really simple. To all of you having problem with paypal standard (but worked OK before) not working properly and suddenly not showing orders in your dashboard but hiding them as missed orders instead. There is no problem with opencart!!, there is no problem with paypal!!..NO need to do some coding!!. It is actually your HOSTING PROVIDER.. Just simply write to them what the problem is and you should be good to go. I have done it so and they fixed the problem. And is just fine as it was before. I have been crazy about it for days/weeks and blaming opencart and paypal but received an email from Paypal today:

Dear XXX,

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). Instant Payment Notifications sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

https://www.tea-tee.co.uk/index.php?rou ... d/callback

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.
Yours sincerely,
PayPal

And that made me realize that actually something went wrong with the server.....

Post by neebster » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:18 am

I have already written to my host, but they told me that they do not block IPN's from PayPal.

What was it that you host changed to make it work again?

Post by Qphoria » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:24 am

codercart wrote:Yes they show up under there.

I have gone several times over the paypal settings.

Sandbox NO
Transaction M Sale
Debug Disabled
Statuses All Pending
Geo Zones ALL
Status enabled

I really don't understand what could be wrong?
Well those aren't really correct settings.
And for trying to debug communication problems, it should make sense that debug should be enabled

oc_zippy wrote:Anyone ever solve this??? .. I'm having the same issue, orders showing up in "missing" using Paypal standard. If you solved this, can you please share?

I looked into the 'fix' that was mentioned regarding the encryption.php file and they are exactly the same between 1.5.4 and 1.5.4.1, so that wont fix anything.
That isn't true... 1.5.4 had a bug in the encryption class that would cause some problems. 1.5.4.1 fixed it.
But that isn't likely the issue here.

Typically the way to figure out what is happening here is

1. Enable debug mode to see if you are seeing IPN messages in the system->error log
You should see messages like this:

Code: Select all

2013-04-23 7:15:20 - PP_STANDARD :: IPN REQUEST: cmd=_notify-validate&mc_gross=22.00&invoice=XXXXXX......
2013-04-23 7:15:20 - PP_STANDARD :: IPN RESPONSE: VERIFIED
2. If you do not see those messages in your system error log, then check your paypal account under IPN History (google to find where this is in your account). From there you can click the message details and see what the HTTP STATUS code that is returned. It should be 200. If it is anything else, it might be related to htaccess redirects or blocked ports on your host.

Administrator

Post by rm79 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:37 am

neebster wrote:I have already written to my host, but they told me that they do not block IPN's from PayPal.

What was it that you host changed to make it work again?
Well. They said that they were in talk with some connection supplier in USA and the problem was (is) with infections of CMS auto scripts which are practically unblocked by hosting providers. Those viruses use holes in CMS like Joomla, Drupal etc. It is a global problem and these infections cause DDoS attacks mostly Bank Of America who by their provider AT&T blocks those IP addresses. Most of the host providers who offers CMS are affected by this.
Unfortunately host providers are not able to force their clients to have their software up to date and therefor these attacks happen. What they also said that resolving these problems is getting better and faster every day and they are able to do so within 24 hours. Also they cannot guarantee it wont happen again in the future. But I know where to go next time!

So what I would say that some of the IPs got blocked because of this and they managed to make it right for our hosting within couple of hours. All is fine as it was before.

So if all mentioned in the link below and also what Qphoria answered above (practically the same thing) is OK then the problem is ONLY with YOUR HOSTING.

http://forum.codejoomla.com/open-source ... -9325.html
Last edited by rm79 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by neebster » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:43 am

From what I've read, I can't help feeling that my problem is also with my host. They are very pro-active about security so could easliy have closed ports or made some other change that is causing my problem.

I'm sure I've installed version 1.5.4.1, however in the footer it only says 1.5.4. Is that normal?

I am not seeing any recent PayPal messages in my Error Log. I last saw a PayPal mesasge at the end of March, which was the last one that worked correctly.

I do NOT have IPN turned on in PayPal. When I first set up OpenCart I read that I didn't need to turn it on and my site was working fine. When I received the warning messgae from PayPal telling me that there was a problem with the IPN I went to PayPal and turned it on, however it still didn't work. When I did a (live) test order and checked the IPN History it showed no HTTP response code, the IPN Message was blank and the last attempted date was 1985! Clearly it wasn't working, so I turned it off again to put it back to how it was when it was working.

I've also used the PayPal Sandbox to test the IPN URL, however the page always throws back a "conection reset" type error.

Thanks for the further clarification Qphoria and thanks for the info about what your host said rm79.

I am waiting to hear back from my host.

Post by neebster » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:56 pm

I've had a reply from my host about the issue. They said:
I'm afraid this is proving very difficult to resolve as it's not us or Paypal who are doing the blocking. The traffic passes through several peers before it gets to a Company called Sprint, they then attempt to connect to a company called AT&T who in turn pass the data to PayPal.

The problem lies with AT&T blocking one of Sprints IPs, through our peers we're attempting to contact them but they aren't getting back to us. We'll keep trying.
I am pleased that they have identified where the problem is and are taking steps to get it fixed.

Post by rm79 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:00 am

Glad you/they found the problem. Hope you will be up and running very soon.

Post by lindapoppleton » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:52 am

It doesn't make sense that all of these people reporting problems at about the time they installed 1.5.4 all just "started" having problems with their hosting at the same time. One of the very first things I checked when trying to debug my paypal connection was the hosting. They (Bluehost) reported that they were not blocking the port that was being used, and could not find any problem on their end. I then checked the IPN history on the paypal side and that showed an http status code of 200. Paypal reported that was completely normal and the problem was not with them and so it must be with the shopping cart software itself. I have waited and watched this forum since last November and have still not seen a solution that I have not already tried.

Post by rm79 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:16 am

No. I had the same problem with 1.5.2.1. It just stopped working from one day to another. Please read all of it above again. It has to do only with host provider, but they have to investigate much deeper. As user "neebster" found out. First they replied to him with just simple answer that they do not block IPN but then when he replied to them with explanation mentioned above they started investigate much deeper. I was probably lucky that my host was really helpful in the first place and replied to me very quickly with good news. I am not saying that providers do block IPN but they offer customers some service (which relies on other services) and they should resolve this for you as it isn't working as it should.
Of course there might be other problems but for people that had the paypal fine recently and went through all what Qphoria and I linked above finding that everything is as it should be then the only thing is left is the HOST and IP addresses get blocked somewhere.

I just wanted to share this experience to you people as I myself was going crazy about it for weeks trying everything, searching everywhere, had 1.5.2.1 and then 1.5.4.1 with the same problem. Blaming opencart and paypal when one day paypal send to me that email and it cleared things up.

Post by Tee.Mothiba » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:08 am

ive had the same error for a while now. i re-uploaded the following files and it worked for me. send me an email if this works for you too Tee.Mothiba@gmail.com

Sounds like your file needs updating in
CODE: SELECT ALL
catalog/controller/account/login.php

And I would also upload a fresh
catalog/model/account/customer.php

Car DVD Navigation, 2 din Navigation,Car Radio, In-dash Navigation, Car Audio and Rear View Camera Store - South Africa - http://www.soundlouder.co.za

[/b]

Post by neebster » Fri May 03, 2013 6:13 pm

I had a reply to my PayPal Merchant Technical Support ticket the other day saying that a PayPal site update had fixed my problem. I was pleased, however when I tested my shop it had NOT fixed the problem. I quickly told PayPal this and told them about the response I'd had from my host (above). They then replied:
ok. i Understand. If they have found out, that the traffic ends in the Sprint Network, then the IP or IPRange is blocked from AT&T the provider in US.

Your Provider must contact them to solve the Problem.

Please have a look on this website as well
https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/733

Please contact your Webhoster.

You can Test from your Server:

- Ping 173.0.82.113
- - tcp traceroute 173.0.82.113
- - tracert api-aa-3t.paypal.com
- -------------------------------------------------

For all merchants currently seeing connectivity issues with either our API endpoints or for IPN delivery and where a traceroute stops after 144.232.11.178, please contact your hosting / network provider, who in turn can reach out to AT&T to get your IP address unblocked.
Please note that we – PayPal -- are not blocking your IP address, nor can we ask for you to get unblocked by AT&T on your behalf, as the owner of the IP address will need to do so.
A temporary solution might be for a hosting provider to issue a new public IP address to you as the merchant, though we would strongly recommend you work with AT&T and your Provider to find out the cause for the block first.

Sincerely,
Thomas
Merchant Technical Support
PayPal, an eBay Company
My host has been trying to contact the right person on the other networks for a week now and have had no joy.

Post by Tee.Mothiba » Sat May 04, 2013 6:23 am

I've had the same error for a while now. I re-uploaded the following files and it worked for me.

Sounds like your file needs updating in

catalog/controller/account/login.php
And I would also upload a fresh

catalog/model/account/customer.php

Car DVD Navigation, 2 din Navigation,Car Radio, In-dash Navigation, Car Audio and Rear View Camera Store - South Africa - http://www.soundlouder.co.za

[/b]

Post by blueandbell » Wed May 15, 2013 4:18 am

I finally solved this problem on my install of 1.5.4 tonight following these instructions. If anyone else is still struggling maybe worth a look....

https://sites.google.com/a/kevronent.co ... l-standard

Post by tolinho » Thu May 23, 2013 12:13 am

Hi guys,
I've been running my Opencart Site 1.541 since December 2012 until now.
On this currunt month, May, for the first time ever I started to have the same issues has described on this thread.
Its important to say that no code was changed recently.

Funny thing is that I also have an older oscommerce website, and both started to give the same issues at the same time.
I blammed my hosting company has both websites are on the same server.
After weeks of tryng to sort this out and with paypal help I got told the it seems that AT&T is the one to blame:

Here is part of the reply from paypal:
In fact, I just wanted you to ask to your hosting company for this information so they could tell you if your IP is being blocked or not. But now that you send to me that information I can confirm to you that indeed yes, you are one of the affected in this blocking. You can see that because there is a timeout when trying to connect to sprintlink.net , which is a server from AT&T company.

Please, understand that another company is blocking your shopping cart is not something that we can fix from here, as is not a PayPal related issue. You just need to tell your hosting company to contact AT&T or even contact yourself. Once they have confirmed to you that you have been whitelisted, you will be able to work normally with your website.

So now, once again, I wait.
I sent this information to my website hosting company. I hope they get the IP unblocked from AT&T
I really hope this helps and this issue gets solved.