Post by Sant1 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:51 am

Installed fresh latest OC added new product, made product featured, link has root/product-name and in category same product have link root/category/product, does OC developers know anything at all about SEO? This is called duplicates and can reflect badly on search engine ranking! Also noticed besides this there a lot of duplicate content! How OC developers are ok with this?!

If anybody have fixed this problem please share.
thank you!

Added by i2Paq:
uksitebuilder wrote:Just in case anyone reading this is worried for some reason, the product page has a canonical link in the head section which takes care of duplicates, which any SEO Guru would have thought to check for before spouting off to the masses.

Post by rph » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:28 am

Yeah, another self-proclaimed SEO expert. ::)

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by Sant1 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:37 am

I didn't say that, you did...
I am just sayin' the TRUTH

Post by MarketInSG » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:45 pm

if you would spend some effort to search the extension store instead of commenting here...there's plenty of such extension.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by i2Paq » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:18 pm

Yet another useless discussion on this subject.

use the search, it has been discussed, addressed and commented on by (almost) every SEO-guru known to man and what is the outcome; It is no issue!

In other words: do your homework first before "shouting" something you have no clue about.

Topic closed.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Avvici » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:20 pm

I will say , just don't waste your money on the 60 dollar SEO Extensions that take pride in their "Key Word Generators." I think there are 4-5 in there. It's old news that Google could care less about <meta tag = "keywords" content="" /> In fact they don't even recognize it anymore. i2paq I know you closed the topic but I thought I would just chime in. These people are making buckets of money in extension store on account of false advertising because people just don't know any better.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by i2Paq » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:38 pm

avvici wrote:i2Paq I know you closed the topic but I thought I would just chime in. These people are making buckets of money in extension store on account of false advertising because people just don't know any better.
No worries, and indeed, because people get scarred by so called SEO-gurus they pay xxx.xx and think that this will do "the magic". ;)

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by uksitebuilder » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:33 am

Just in case anyone reading this is worried for some reason, the product page has a canonical link in the head section which takes care of duplicates, which any SEO Guru would have thought to check for before spouting off to the masses.

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by Avvici » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:00 am

uksitebuilder wrote:Just in case anyone reading this is worried for some reason, the product page has a canonical link in the head section which takes care of duplicates, which any SEO Guru would have thought to check for before spouting off to the masses.
:D

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC