Post by jthwaits » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:54 pm

Hi guys,

My client is trying to make it so that it's possible to process items without there being stock available. Is this possible?

I.e. Even though there are 0 items in-store, the order should still be processed.

Thanks

Post by asphole » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:35 pm

Yes, this can be done. Go to 'System>Settings>YOUR WEBSITE Click on the 'options' tab and then scroll down to 'Stock' and set 'Stock Checkout:' to Yes. You will probably also want to set the 'Subtract Stock' option for each product to 'No' (product>data)

Post by jthwaits » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:47 pm

Awesome thanks! I knew I saw that somewhere

BTW, do you perhaps know how to add an email address to the contact page? I see OC simply links the addy to the contact form but doesn't actually display it?

Post by asphole » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:08 am

I dont think you can do it in the admin area so you would need to edit the following file:

catalog>view>theme>YOURTHEME>template>information>contact.tpl

Post by jthwaits » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:29 pm

is there a way for the word ‘PREORDER’ to be mentioned in the shopping cart. The shopper will only see the word ‘preorder’ in the product description – I’d like it to appear in the shopping cart to ensure the person knows they are pre-ordering the item

Post by SXGuy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:33 am

a few ways, one simple way is to add the word PreOrder to your product title.

Post by jthwaits » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:27 pm

I thought so too, but basically my client wants to replace the "out of stock" with "preorder", so in other words once stock level reaches zero, the product then becomes a preorder item, so manually specifying "preorder" in the title is out.

Is there a way of automatically advising the customer that the product they've just ordered is a preorder item after they've checked out?

Thanks for the quick responses guys