Post by codercart » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:00 am

Hi,

I got a couple questions and problems using opencart.

1. How do I get the gray upper bar back? I can't seem to find the right option for it. (where by default the categories are displayed out)

2. For some reason when I click on the first category it goes back to the homepage for some reason. And it doesn't display it.
Same goes for when I click on "About Us" it will go to the homepage again without displaying the right page.

3. Where can I fill out and possibly add/subtract pages from the "Customer Service", "Extra" and "My Account" pages?
I can't find them either anywhere on the admin page.

Thanks.

Post by uksitebuilder » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:15 pm

For 1 and 2 - Re-upload the default OC files to fix.

For 3 you need to edit the tpl (template) files - The links in the footer are in the common/footer.tpl

Text for those pages is located in their associated language files.

ImageImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by codercart » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:09 am

That didn't remotely fix the problem. It just made me install the whole thing from scratch!

Post by labeshops » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:12 am

codercart wrote:Hi,

I got a couple questions and problems using opencart.

1. How do I get the gray upper bar back? I can't seem to find the right option for it. (where by default the categories are displayed out)

2. For some reason when I click on the first category it goes back to the homepage for some reason. And it doesn't display it.
Same goes for when I click on "About Us" it will go to the homepage again without displaying the right page.

3. Where can I fill out and possibly add/subtract pages from the "Customer Service", "Extra" and "My Account" pages?
I can't find them either anywhere on the admin page.

Thanks.
1. If you don't have any categories set to display in "top" menu, the top menu (gray bar) won't appear. Edit the category and make sure the top box is checked.

2. You probably forgot the ending / in the settings for your store. Check admin > settings > store and make sure you have http://www.yourdomain.com/ and not http://www.yourdomain.com

3. You can edit the footer.tpl file in your template/common/footer.tpl and add any links you want in any column. Any information pages you add will automatically be include there, but otherwise, you need to edit the flle.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from http://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by codercart » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:20 am

Thanks for you reply.

I have the last "/" in the url.

But how do I edit those pages in the footer? All I see in the footer.tpl are indeed links but how do I edit them?

And I found that whenever I turn on SEO URLs my categories stop linking. I did gave them a unique seo name/url. But it doesn't link somehow.

Post by labeshops » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:01 am

You manually add or delete any links you want in the footer. Only the information pages add automatically. Anything else you do by entering the html code yourself.

Make sure you added the seo keywords properly without spaces. You can use - + or _ between works, but not spaces.

Otherwise, a link to your store might help.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from http://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by codercart » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:43 pm

Here is the link.

SEO URLs are currently active and the categories and aboutus don't work anymore. Only when I turn SEO URLs off it will work.
Last edited by codercart on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by asphole » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:47 pm

Give the categories and information pages seo keywords if you have enabled seo urls. For categories just edit the category and add an seo keyword. The information pages are at 'catalog>information'

Post by codercart » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:15 am

They have keywords, you can see it when you hover over them for example.

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:36 pm

You need to enable the .htaccess file by renaming the .htaccess.txt to remove the .txt

If you have done this already and it still isn't working, what type of server are you running (Apache/Windows IIS) ?

ImageImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom