Post by Sant1 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:06 am

Hi, pls help how can u change fileupload so it wont resize original image size, just create thumbs but don't resize main original one, to be exact the Product Image Popup Size
thanks!!

Post by justinv » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:18 am

It's not done on the file upload, it's done on the product page controller. Modify the product page controller to return the image without resizing.

Documentation: OpenCart User Guide
Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN

Post by MaxD » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:39 pm

OpenCart resizes and repacks any image even with proper size - its not so good.

Here is my Image Fix mod that makes it behave properly - http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=71547

Cartless (free) - "buy" button instead of "add to cart"
Stripper (free) - strip parts of OpenCart

Post by Sant1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:29 pm

thanks guys, one question if not to late) when i upload images with pure white background #ffffff on resize it ads some gray spots and lines that is very noticeable to the eye. Does removing resize ration helps with this problem?
MaxD, nice hack, if you'd add multiupload it would be best module ever!
also if "preserve original images when possible" function works as if resize size set i.e to 1500x1500 and uploaded image is larger on any of the side then it skips resize at all, that would be the best!

Post by MaxD » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Sant1 wrote:MaxD, nice hack, if you'd add multiupload it would be best module ever!
There is no use of regular multiupload with ImageFix and I'll explain why.

With multiupload your working sequence looks like this:
1. Upload all the pictures you need in one step.
2. Press browse, find corresponding image at File Manager window (that is quite slow with lot of images) - n times.

Here is ImageFix sequence (n times too):
1. Press Browse.
2. Press Upload button right away (without waiting for Image Manager to display already upload images).
3. Find corresponding image at your computer (that is fast), press ok.
4. Wait less then second while image is uploaded and submitted automatically, FileManager window closes.

It is much faster, especially if you deal with lot of images.
Sant1 wrote:if "preserve original images when possible" function works as if resize size set i.e to 1500x1500 and uploaded image is larger on any of the side then it skips resize at all, that would be the best!
That behavior is not expected at regular cases. This can be achieved for you with one-line modification.

Cartless (free) - "buy" button instead of "add to cart"
Stripper (free) - strip parts of OpenCart