Page 1 of 1

Individual item Shipping help

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:59 pm
by brandonyim
Hi everyone, is it possible to make different item different shipping method in Opencart? Thanks.

Re: Shipping help

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:57 pm
by Qphoria
Yes. I have a module called "Shipping by Product"
http://www.unbannable.com/ocstore/openc ... by_product

Each item has its own shipping field in the product edit area.

Apple Macbook : $5 shipping
Intel PC: $10 shipping
Ipod: $3 shipping

It also supports ranges so you can also do multiple item prices for discounts or increases

Apple Macbook: $5 for 1, $4 each for 2, $2 each for 3, etc
Intel PC: $10 for 1, $5 each for 2, $1 each for 3, etc
Ipod: $3 for 1, $4 each for 2, $6 each for 3, etc

And it supports subtotal percentages so you can make it a percent of the subtotal:

Apple Macbook: 5% for 1, 3% each for 2, 2% each for 3, etc

Re: Individual item Shipping help

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:06 pm
by JNeuhoff
What happened to this threat? There used to be more than ten posts most of which have disappeared.

Re: Shipping help

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:27 pm
by brandonyim
Qphoria wrote:Yes. I have a module called "Shipping by Product"
http://www.unbannable.com/ocstore/openc ... by_product

Each item has its own shipping field in the product edit area.

Apple Macbook : $5 shipping
Intel PC: $10 shipping
Ipod: $3 shipping

It also supports ranges so you can also do multiple item prices for discounts or increases

Apple Macbook: $5 for 1, $4 each for 2, $2 each for 3, etc
Intel PC: $10 for 1, $5 each for 2, $1 each for 3, etc
Ipod: $3 for 1, $4 each for 2, $6 each for 3, etc

And it supports subtotal percentages so you can make it a percent of the subtotal:

Apple Macbook: 5% for 1, 3% each for 2, 2% each for 3, etc
Let say,

Item 1 - Based on weight.
Item 2 - Based on product.

So how it look like when check out?

Re: Individual item Shipping help

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:38 pm
by Qphoria
Not quite like that. Since its "Shipping by product" that means each product will need to have a rate so that the shipping module can total up the prices. You can also have other shipping modules enabled so that if you had:

Macbook:
Shipbyprod: 12.00
weight: 10lbs

ipod:
Shipbyprod: 7.00
weight: 3lbs


At the shipping page you could have Shipping by product and Weight based shipping enabled. So you would see:

By Product Shipping Rate: 19.00
Weight Based Shipping Rate: X.XX <-- depends on what you set your weight rates

Then a customer can choose

Re: Individual item Shipping help

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:43 pm
by brandonyim
Qphoria wrote:Not quite like that. Since its "Shipping by product" that means each product will need to have a rate so that the shipping module can total up the prices. You can also have other shipping modules enabled so that if you had:

Macbook:
Shipbyprod: 12.00
weight: 10lbs

ipod:
Shipbyprod: 7.00
weight: 3lbs


At the shipping page you could have Shipping by product and Weight based shipping enabled. So you would see:

By Product Shipping Rate: 19.00
Weight Based Shipping Rate: X.XX <-- depends on what you set your weight rates

Then a customer can choose
So means i have to enter the price for every product is it?

Re: Individual item Shipping help

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:45 pm
by Qphoria
Correct. Since there is only 1 shipping page. It combines all prices into 1
so if you have
macbook: 10.00
ipod: 0.00

And customer adds both to their cart, then they will see 10.00 total shipping for byproduct

Re: Individual item Shipping help

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:55 pm
by brandonyim
Qphoria wrote:Correct. Since there is only 1 shipping page. It combines all prices into 1
so if you have
macbook: 10.00
ipod: 0.00

And customer adds both to their cart, then they will see 10.00 total shipping for byproduct
Can set by zone? Lets say,

Item 1 - Free shipping (0.00) to zone 1 but 5.00 for zone 2.
Item 2 - Free shipping (0.00) for both zone.

Is it possible?

Re: Individual item Shipping help

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:19 pm
by Qphoria
It had been asked for in the past but I never added it. Became too complex and would really need to store it all in its own table so I opted not to do that.

Re: Individual item Shipping help

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:47 pm
by brandonyim
ok, what should i do for below,

Item 1 - free shipping for zone 1, based on weight for zone 2.
Item 2 - free shipping for both zone.

Thanks.

Re: Individual item Shipping help

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:31 pm
by brandonyim
Can I use below for the shipping?

0.3:0.00, 2:25.00, 3:35.00

Please advise. Thanks.