Post by goldfinchpcs » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:51 am

1) I am adding some products to the catalogue and under the option tag - there is

"Option" "Sort Order"

"Option Value" "Price" "Prefix" "Sort Order"

I have a product that has 4 different sizes

150ml 250ml 500ml and 1L

I place each of these as an additional option, however, they cannot be selected individually. The check out shows the total price for all the options. How can I have this as an individual option and the check out showing the correct price? Is this a bug?

The only solution I can find is to list the same product 4 times with the only variation been the price. This is long and time wasting.

2) Is it possible to clear the basket or delete items before the customer gets to the checkout?

3) How can I get around the newsletter registration if the customer just want a quick shopping experience?

Thanks for your help

New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Daniel » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:14 am

you find that the product not showing individual options prices in the cart is how its done. all the big names sites do it that way.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by goldfinchpcs » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:47 am

I think my questions were misunderstood. The main thing I wanted to clarify was the issue about product options.

Is there a way for the customers to see one description but then have the option of selecting varied sizes. I have listed a site below that has this function on the page. You have a choice to add different sizes.

Is this possible on opencart or is there a module with this function?

http://www.lttsolutions.net/lazy-leather.asp

New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:28 am

Post by internet54 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:19 pm

Yes, determine your base price then determine how much your upgrades are.

Base = $10 (4oz bottle)

10oz bottle + $6
20oz bottle + $12

New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:53 am

Post by Qphoria » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:13 am

Yes, by design you buy the "Product" then choose the size you want.

You buy a phone and choose 1 color
You buy a hat and choose 1 size

so in your case, you buy a bottle, and choose 1 size (ml)
If the customer wants diff sizes, they choose the option (50ml) click add to cart
then choose 150ml and add to cart again. its very intuitive. You don't need to make 4 products.

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by goldfinchpcs » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:32 pm

internet54 wrote:Yes, determine your base price then determine how much your upgrades are.

Base = $10 (4oz bottle)

10oz bottle + $6
20oz bottle + $12
I have tried this guys but in the shopping cart it shows Base + 10oz bottle + 20oz bottle as $28.00 total when you add the item to cart. Not $10 or $16 or $22 each. A customer would be totally confused and think there is a fault they want one item not three. it list the options under the base as a sub-list and then add all the prices together.

So it must be a bug, I noticed someone mentioned this in the bug section and didn't get a response.

I have a test screen shot of it to explain.

Attachments

screen shot 2.png

Another key error, this was pointed out by someone else in the bugs section of this forum. - screen shot 2.png (116.15 KiB) Viewed 4600 times

screen shot 1.png

Check the Screen shot out, with two issues I have - screen shot 1.png (108.11 KiB) Viewed 4600 times


New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:28 am

Post by goldfinchpcs » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:34 pm

Qphoria wrote:Yes, by design you buy the "Product" then choose the size you want.

You buy a phone and choose 1 color
You buy a hat and choose 1 size

so in your case, you buy a bottle, and choose 1 size (ml)
If the customer wants diff sizes, they choose the option (50ml) click add to cart
then choose 150ml and add to cart again. its very intuitive. You don't need to make 4 products.

It doesn't work like that as my test screen shots shows. I am not the only person testing this software that has come across this issue.

New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Qphoria » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:57 pm

Well, no your example is just strange. I have no idea what you are trying to do. You keep making it seem that people will use options to buy multiple sizes at once.

It seems you are selling "bottles of something"... so I will use "perfume" as the example

1. Create Product: Chanel No. 5 - $50.00
2. Create Option: "Size"
- Option Value 1: 50ml (+0.00) <---this is the default size as assumed by the product price ($50.00)
- Option Value 2: 75ml (+20.00) <--- this is added to the base making a total of $70 for this size
- Option Value 3: 100ml (+35.00) <--- this is added to the base making a total of $85 for this size
- Option Value 4: 150ml (+50.00) <--- this is added to the base making a total of $100 for this size

3. Customer comes to your cart and says "Oh i want to buy Chanel No 5" and clicks that product
4. Customer thinks "Hmm, my mom likes this crap, so I'll buy her the 100ml bottle". So he chooses "100ml (+35.00)" and clicks add to cart.
5. Now there is an item in the cart:
Chanel No 5 - $85.00
- 100ml

6. Now the customer thinks "Hmm, you know, my sister also likes to smell like a tramp, I'll buy her some too. Switches the size to the "75ml (+20.00)" size and clicks add to cart.
7. Now there are 2 items in the cart:
Chanel No 5 - $85.00
- 100ml
Chanel No 5 - $70.00
- 75ml

Even a demo for you: http://unbannable.com/v132/index.php?ro ... duct_id=49

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by Blueforce » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:52 am

Hi goldfinchpcs,

I have to make a comment on this!
The product option function works great!! Qphoria's explanation how you should use it can not be misunderstood, very nicely explained! And if you search the forum you also can find how to change the options to show the total price instead of the option + or - value.
It feels like you are blaming OpenCart for you not understanding how the product options works.

Regards,
Leffe

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:11 am
Location - Sweden

Post by digitalchaos » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:49 am

Qphoria is right I over thought this also when i started with opencart and came to the realization that i was making it to complicated just follow his example and take a look at the link he provided its really easy.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
Ronald Reagan

Digital Chaos | Graphic Design Studio http://www.digitalchaos.biz
Digital Chaos Prints | Custom Art Prints http://www.digitalchaosprints.biz


User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:22 pm
Location - Paterson NJ

Post by goldfinchpcs » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:56 am

Qphoria wrote:Well, no your example is just strange. I have no idea what you are trying to do. You keep making it seem that people will use options to buy multiple sizes at once.

It seems you are selling "bottles of something"... so I will use "perfume" as the example

1. Create Product: Chanel No. 5 - $50.00
2. Create Option: "Size"
- Option Value 1: 50ml (+0.00) <---this is the default size as assumed by the product price ($50.00)
- Option Value 2: 75ml (+20.00) <--- this is added to the base making a total of $70 for this size
- Option Value 3: 100ml (+35.00) <--- this is added to the base making a total of $85 for this size
- Option Value 4: 150ml (+50.00) <--- this is added to the base making a total of $100 for this size

3. Customer comes to your cart and says "Oh i want to buy Chanel No 5" and clicks that product
4. Customer thinks "Hmm, my mom likes this crap, so I'll buy her the 100ml bottle". So he chooses "100ml (+35.00)" and clicks add to cart.
5. Now there is an item in the cart:
Chanel No 5 - $85.00
- 100ml

6. Now the customer thinks "Hmm, you know, my sister also likes to smell like a tramp, I'll buy her some too. Switches the size to the "75ml (+20.00)" size and clicks add to cart.
7. Now there are 2 items in the cart:
Chanel No 5 - $85.00
- 100ml
Chanel No 5 - $70.00
- 75ml

Even a demo for you: http://unbannable.com/v132/index.php?ro ... duct_id=49

OK, OK ,I was doing things wrong and your explanation, did the job. Now I can get this shop running I have four to build for my clients. When I do the book shop I will be back for more help I am sure.

New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:28 am

Post by goldfinchpcs » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:51 am

Blueforce wrote:Hi goldfinchpcs,

I have to make a comment on this!
The product option function works great!! Qphoria's explanation how you should use it can not be misunderstood, very nicely explained! And if you search the forum you also can find how to change the options to show the total price instead of the option + or - value.
It feels like you are blaming OpenCart for you not understanding how the product options works.

Regards,
Leffe
Still searching for the thread that shows how to get rid of the + or - prefix and show the total instead

New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Blueforce » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:25 am

Hi goldfinchpcs,

Nice to hear that you got the options right!
About the option total price... I remembered wrong, you find it under Contributions in the menu - Sorry about that! It's listed as "Option Cost".
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ion_id=218

Regards,
Leffe

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:11 am
Location - Sweden

Post by goldfinchpcs » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi Leffe

What is the file extension?

New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Blueforce » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:05 pm

Hi,

Do you mean the extension of the file you should edit? If so, the file to edit:
Around Line 214 in catalog/controller/product/product.php

Regards,
Leffe

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:11 am
Location - Sweden

Post by goldfinchpcs » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:20 am

Hi

I have downloaded the file but cant open it, so how do i modify the code?

New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:28 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests