Post by machinedean » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:08 am

Hi all,

I'm having problems with one of my clients website. I've tried to find information on this on the web but there is nothing that jumps out and I'm out of ideas.

When you add a product to the basket no notification shows and the quantity doesn't update either. On refresh the basket has updated. Firebug says there is a 500 Internal Error but the ajax response and JSON says it was successful.

Version: 1.5.1.3

Please can anyone assist?

Thanks in advance!

Post by Avvici » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:25 am

I'd bet my left nut that if you switch back to your normal template it will work fine. Should tell you something...perhaps a hint;)

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by machinedean » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:26 am

Switch to the default template and it's not working there either. The website has been untouched for a couple of months at least and it was working before. Synced with last build and it's exactly the same :(

Post by Avvici » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:35 am

Its something really simple. I can help you fix it if you get me on Skype at Involution Media

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by machinedean » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:31 pm

As anyone else got any ideas? We didn't manage to get it working :(

Post by Avvici » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:43 pm

When I have some time later on today I will look at it again for you. It won't be able to be solved on this forum. At least...I don't think so. :crazy:

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by machinedean » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:18 pm

Thanks, I've been trying a few things this morning and I now know a few more details that might help. Will keep trying and let you know.

Post by jcsmithy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:45 pm

The product is actually added to the cart, but the AJAX response is comming back with status code 500 - Internal Server Error. Weird though as it is sending the correct response back (json data), just the status code being in-correct causing the rest to fail.

Post by machinedean » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:55 am

I noticed that in Firebug, any ideas why this might happen?

I uploaded a new version of Opencart and loaded in the theme (and used the existing database) to find it works so the problem isn't related to the theme or database but something else (http://wecreatedigital.co.uk/ss/large_b ... ue_cabinet).

Obviously, I've modified Opencart to meet my clients requirements so I cannot really opt creating a new build if I cannot help it.

Post by jcsmithy » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:08 am

Well the only file that'd cause problems really is catalog/controller/checkout/cart.php

Have you modified that file?

Either way, replace that with a fresh copy and see if it happens still - if you have modified it you'll know its that that's the cause.

The only other file that's related is the system/library/cart.php - do the same for this one if the above still doesnt work.

Post by machinedean » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:44 pm

I can't remember for sure if I did as website was built in December. However, I've replaced these files and no joy unfortunately :(

Post by Avvici » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:05 pm

Like I said, this won't be able to be solved on this forum. I've already looked at your files. I'll see you on skype.

[update] problem was vQ mod. (no I would have never looked here first. I would have looked where jcsmithy looked because it's the logical place to look) Topic closed. O0

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC