Post by jules2000 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:38 am

Hi everybody,

is it possible to set something up for 1.5.1.3 that would work like this.
For instance a pizza joint has a special pizza for every day. However in OC 1.5.1.3 the pizza guy has to disable the product manually as soon as the day ends in order to prevent customers form ordering it after that day.
Is there any hidden option or possibilty to to say disable the monday pizza at monday 23:59.

straightlight has done a great VQMOD http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ght&page=2 that displays a start and end date on the product page. Nevertheless I didn't properly work for me :-[ (it's described to work with OC 1.5.2).

I'd appreciate any hint or advice on the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Post by Avvici » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:21 am

This is already an option for you in the admin:

Product>Data
screen.png

screen.png (76.36 KiB) Viewed 808 times

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by jules2000 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:19 am

Thanks for your fast response Avvici.

Yeah OC has the start option by defaul on board. I'm looking for an addition to this that would deactivate a product by a certain date.
E.g. a online pizza joint would offer a early bird special - a pizza with a cereals topping ;) - available to order till monday 10 am. If the clock hits 10 am the cereal pizza vanishes from the shop.

Again I'm open for any comments and thoughts (except for those folks admiting they love cereals as a pizza topping :laugh: )

Cheers

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by jules2000 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:47 am

Gee you're fast avvici :). Thanks for those links.
However I went to the demo shop for the "Sales Promotion - Many Combinations" extention and... well it's really mainly for sales promotions, discounts and stuff like this. Not really what i need - I want the monday product gone from the product listing by Tuesday.

And as for the other one - the "Begin Date - End Date" extention - well as as I said in my first posting gave it a shot but it ain't working on my OC 1.5.1.3.

Well I figured since there already is a start date feature embedded in OC that it might not be that hard to get a stop date feature. Still hoping that I wasn't too optimistic there.

Post by Avvici » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:10 am

Ask the developer to update it. It would be very simple :) It's exactly what you need.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by jules2000 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:22 am

Sorry for the ultra slow response - was on a biz trip.
Yeah you are propably right. I was hoping it was just like reversing the date available function.
Thanks anyway avvici :).

Post by yamaja » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:29 pm

Hi. it have been more than two years . i have the same need with you.

i check the link but 2 of them already not found.

have you found the solution ?

so at date available, there is a start date available and also and end date availability.

thanks