Post by saraspixels » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:12 pm

I have a fairly small store so I don't get a huge amount of orders so I noticed something and I need help correcting this issue. Okay, my last order (until yesterday) was #159 on 9/23. Yesterday I got another order and the order was #175. How did this happen, why and how the heck can I keep the store from doing this again?!?!

I keep meticulous records for tax purposes but six months from now I'm not gonna know why there were order number skipped and I'll go on a hunt for orders that don't exist.

I have a feeling it has to do with people getting to the final checkout page then canceling their order...is this the problem? If so how can I change the cart so that an order number isn't assigned until the order is actually placed?

Thanks in advance!

Post by Qphoria » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:36 pm

saraspixels wrote: I have a feeling it has to do with people getting to the final checkout page then canceling their order...is this the problem?
Yes... tho it is as designed.. but I can see the concern. a temp order is created when they reach the confirm page. After payment is made, this temp order is updated with a proper order state. But if they never pay, then the order just sits there.

Daniel would have to look into adding a temp order id system in future versions if this was needed

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by saraspixels » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:25 am

Thanks for your reply! Makes sense.

Is this something I can turn off, edit, etc.? I'm sure I could figure it out if someone could point me in the right direction.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:25 am

its just the way the cart checkout system works. It would need to be handled at the core level

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by 308Sound » Fri May 16, 2014 12:36 am

I do have to resurrect a 4.5 year old post but someone please comment if this "missing order" feature is still part of the core of opencart? I'm all in with OC at this point, at least for a good while as the time / money I've invested would be silly contemplating a change so soon. So I do look forward to working with and in the OC community.

I'm using 1.5.6.4 (the latest at this posting) for about 2 weeks now. I converted in from ZenCart for various reasons. I started getting orders with no status. I discovered these are called "missing" orders by the OC community. To me this is a bad idea. My wife is an accountant so she expects every order to have a reason. My "missing" orders even have products in them. I had one customer today create three "missing" orders before he finally clicked on the "submit" button.

Seems very non-sensible to me to have OC generate an order BEFORE the customer hits the submit button. now 10% of my orders will be either "missing" or I'll just delete them. It does not look good from an accounting standpoint. i.e. missing (deleted) records from the order list.

I've spent considerable time moving databases and configuring my store, and have spent some decent coin on extensions . I did some due diligence before switching but a lot of these opencart "oddities" (I'll call it a deficiency) aren't apparent till one actually uses the system in the day to day affair of a buisness.

I'm all in with OC at this point, at least for a good while as the time / money I've invested would be silly contemplating a change so soon. So I do look forward to working with and in the OC community.

Post by iplocker » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:51 pm

I m 100% with you my friend, I think that "feature" of missing orders it needs to have the ability to de-activate it .
I like my orders to be 1,2,3,4 not 1,4,5 ..

Thanks

Post by k2tec » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:41 pm

It does not look good from an accounting standpoint. i.e. missing (deleted) records from the order list.
Orders or no Invoices.

There is also a possibility that a payment service provider is not working properly. Then it says there is an missing order and you can call or mail the customer why the order is not continued.