Post by markeldridge » Mon May 28, 2012 1:48 am

I have a somewhat unique problem I think...

I have a digital download store, where coupons, vouchers, and store credits are enabled.
The only payment option is PayPal.

When an order is totalled up, it displays perfectly (in terms of calculation) applying coupons, vouchers, store credit appropriately.

However when the total comes to ZERO, it forces me to PayPal, and uses the "SubTotal" (the full amount before discounts). So a free order (due to vouchers, etc) goes through to Paypal as $39.00 the subtotal, instead of 0 (the total).

I tried setting PayPal Payment Options to not allow Paypal with orders less than .01
This causes the PayPal payment to disappear from payment options (leaving NO options to pay) and an error message "Warning: Payment method required!" Which I cannot get past.

If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it. If I have to I will write my own VQMOD to attempt to get around this problem, but I'm thinking I may have configured something incorrectly, or somebody would have reported this as a major issue by now.

I noticed somebody else has a similar issue, but solved it by setting to .01 as I mentioned above. But this gives me an error, since there are no other payment options available. Is there a setting I'm not getting?
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 8&p=286584
Last edited by markeldridge on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by markeldridge » Mon May 28, 2012 4:17 am

I have figured this out myself. I found the setting.

Apparently if a order ever totals to ZERO you have to have the "Free Checkout" payment option installed in order to continue the checkout process. Also set the minimum amount of order for paypal to 1 cent. You would think that Free Checkout would be a mandatory type of feature. Doesn't make sense to me that an order could total to zero dollars and you wouldn't be allowed to check out.

Anyway hope this helps.

Post by rchelicopter8 » Mon May 28, 2012 6:54 pm

I have figured this out myself. I found the setting this is great!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheap nike shoes