Post by xbst » Wed May 16, 2012 5:28 pm

hi everyone,

we got a cosmetics store http://www.kozmar.com
and there is too many option value in hair color creams (124)
i can add all the option values in catalog > options but i cant add it in product setting more than 97 entries.
i add it in product page 124 option value, but when i save it, it returns to 97 entry without any error.
how can i fix this situation?
anybody have an idea?

regards

Post by John767 » Tue May 22, 2012 4:42 am

Same problem here. Cannot add more than 100 options to a product. Even an extra image of a product will not save.
Very annoying, but I need the options.

Running the latest OC 1.5.2.2 r990 here. Exactly the same problem also at 1.5.1.2.
Does anyone know if there is a fix for this problem?

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue May 22, 2012 5:01 am

John767 wrote:Same problem here. Cannot add more than 100 options to a product. Even an extra image of a product will not save.

Running the latest OC 1.5.2.2 r990 here. Exactly the same problem also at 1.5.1.2.
I can confirm this bug, it should be posted on the OpenCart 1.5.2 bug thread.

Guru Member

Post by John767 » Tue May 22, 2012 11:51 pm

Posted in that topic, thanks.
Now hoping for a (quick) fix :)

Post by xbst » Wed May 23, 2012 4:27 pm

yes, we need a fix.
please help :)

Post by rph » Sat May 26, 2012 2:25 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
John767 wrote:Same problem here. Cannot add more than 100 options to a product. Even an extra image of a product will not save.

I can confirm this bug, it should be posted on the OpenCart 1.5.2 bug thread.
I'm having problems reproducing the issue in WAMP/OpenCart 1.5.2. Maybe this is down to some server settings? Can you confirm if it's an issue inserting or retrieving the option data into/from the database?

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by John767 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:15 am

This problem is still present in the latest 1.5.3.1 when saving the product with all settings and options.
It seems there is a maximum of options/option values that can be added to a product? It stalls at around 90 options here with every product, ex the settings. Even a discount or reward will not be saved.

Some settings of the hosting:

PHP 5.3.13-1

max_input_vars 5000 (increased from 1000 with no effect...)
max_execution_time 30
memory_limit 128M
post_max_size 8M

It is possible to set it higher when needed. Are there any other possibilities left to try?

Post by xbst » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:20 pm

i set it higher settings that you write but it really has no sense. the problem is still same.
Is there anyone to help for this?

Post by John767 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:50 pm

As far as I know, the server that my shop is running on is not hard-limited to a maximum of post values. Like I said, increasing the max_input_vars from the standard 1000 to 5000 makes no difference at all. It seems to be a limitation to OC unfortunately.

I hope that someone will rebuild the product editor at the admin side to work with al lot more options. Even if I have to pay a bit for it, is no problem (if it fixes the issue).

When I click save on the product page, it only takes 1-4 seconds to save. No difference with settings only or options included.

Post by gottabjoaken » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:53 am

Oooh ! Ouch!
I am just experimenting with options, and have loaded about 350 product_option_values for a product into the database.

The product appears to work in the store front (1.5.2.1) and cart,
but I cannot edit the product in admin.
Firefox has conniptions, takes a huge time loading data from the site,
then finally - 10 minutes or so - when the product details tabs are shown, clicking on the option tab sets it all off again and I get a non-responding browser.

I guess from the above posts, it would appear that 350 option values is not possible.

Comments please, because this is a site breaker. We have a large number of colour choices with many products, and options with this sort of volume is the only way I can see to using Opencart.

Ken

Post by gottabjoaken » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:20 am

Has anyone got any suggestions about how we can satisfactorily use Product Options,
or a definition of the limitations, please.

As I said, this will be critical to being able to establish our site.

Ken

Post by rph » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:19 pm

Are you using some other mod? That many options won't be fast but it shouldn't be that slow.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by gottabjoaken » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:22 pm

Ryan,
thanks for the response.
Certainly at the moment we are using vanilla Opencart. Not even VQMod installed.

We did have some custom work done, but the server was hacked and we lost the lot!
(Don't talk about backups..... - before I got involved! )

1.5.2.1 as installed.

The option values are not particularly slow in the product selection screen or the shopping cart.
(With the proviso that when more get loaded, the performance doesn't take a dive, but on one product testing is ok.)
All looks good.
Does just what I want.

It is just that the product record is not maintainable in admin.

We will have close to a thousand products with option values, and a fair number will have more than 100 - up to 400.
(Talking colours of art materials)

So, although I could maintain them (I guess) with sql, the shop owners couldn't do that, and would rely on direct edit through admin, or CSVpro.

Ken

Post by John767 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:30 pm

I have also slowdown with Firefox in the Opencart admin when editting a product. With Chrome, everything is fast. Not a problem. But the option values are.

For now I have a workaround that works for me. It's an import/export module:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... order=DESC

Now I can add at least 15 extra options to 1 product. But no editting via admin panel (unless you want to lose the options again).
A solution for the option values is still required by me, but this works for now.

Post by rph » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:59 am

I'd suggest some testing to see if the slowdowns are host related. If you're getting different speed results from different browsers it may be the page rendering which is at issue so a series of tests against FF, IE, Opera, Chrome, and Safari couldn't hurt.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by John767 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:58 am

For the browsers I used, only Firefox has some little slowdowns. Especially when working to edit a product. It's mostly happening when you click the "Add option value" button.
IE9 and Chrome are almost instant. So I will use Chrome for editing in Opencart :)

So for that it's no problem for me. The limit of the option values from the admin is the problem ;)

Post by rph » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:50 pm

Then you'll need a host which will let you override max_input_vars which likely means a VPS or dedicated server.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by gottabjoaken » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:57 pm

Not quite sure if this thread is still on topic.
Is this comment
rph wrote:Then you'll need a host which will let you override max_input_vars which likely means a VPS or dedicated server.
a proposed solution to the problems with large numbers of option values, or is it off topic?

It looks as though I am not the only user to need a solution from OpenCart.
How do we go about getting a formal acknowledgement from the developers please?

Ken

Post by rph » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:49 pm

One of the developers said they won't be changing anything. It's a server issue.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by gottabjoaken » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Right !
That's comforting. I feel so reassured by that.
No doubt someone with a suitably configured server will be able to confirm that, before I have to restructure everything.

Ken