Post by hassanalishah » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:45 pm

i am going through the same issue. Before my website was fine and achieving 3-4.5 sec but recently it has gone up to 8-10secs even though i am using Cloudflare plus package. My TTFT is somewhere between 3-6sec which is a great disaster. I am using siteground share hosting top noch plan so called GoGeek. My website is (q-depot.com). I strongly recommend if anyone could have a look and tell me who is the culprit for this. When i ask Cloudlfare they says check with hosting, when i ask hosting they says either cloudflare or your website settings. For last 4 months i havent change anything at all.

Appreciate if anyone can assist. Thanks!

Post by CaptainHaddock » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:07 am

Hi,
Try turning off Cloudflare on Siteground cpanel.

My site is also on Siteground. Cloudflare slowed it down a lot in all the tests I did.

Also try turning off static caching at siteground.

Before and after measure performance of a page at least 3 times and take the average. I use tools like google pagespeed.

Good luck

Post by markjacks » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:49 pm

It's usually the plugins causing this. I'd disable everything and enabling it one by one for this case.

Post by gytisbl » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:02 pm

Hello everyone.

This is my first post and this topic is the reason I've registered on the forums.

My company hired a web-dev company to make us a e-shop and they did. The shop has some issues here and there, but the biggest one at the moment is the slow loading time.

The problem started when I added many products to the site, and now it takes too long to load for normal usage. It was good in the beginning and now its not. Can anyone give me any advice? I will give you more details in the mean time:

The sites landing page is http://www.flamanda.lt and the main page seems to load pretty well (after the first caching process), but when I enter the product catalog (for example this one http://flamanda.lt/Laidai-ir-kabeliai/variniai-kabeliai), it takes about 10 seconds to load the first byte. How can a server load the main page very fast and then load the catalog so slowly?

Post by hassanalishah » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:15 am

Avvici -arvixe- wrote:
My hosting company(arvixe) assures me it's nothing on their end and that other opencart sites on the same server as my site are very fast.
That's laughable. If someone from a hosting company told you this, then they are wrong. On a shared hosting plan load times are "always" up in the air especially with Arvixe. You are after all sharing bandwidth with many other people at the same time. I tried your site in all browsers on 10MB download and got about 8 seconds wait time which is something of concern. Ask them to move you to a different server. There isn't much going on with your website. Or, just go with In Motion Hosting. Their shared hosting is the best in my opinion. Them or host gator are both pretty fast for shared.

If you can afford it get on a VPS.....Virtual Private Server.
Well somehow agree with you. But regretfully i have already paid for a year upfront and have to wait till then. Surely will check other options you recommended. I just like their customer service and they are really helpful. Thanks for your suggestions budd!

Post by hassanalishah » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:17 am

CaptainHaddock wrote:Hi,
Try turning off Cloudflare on Siteground cpanel.

My site is also on Siteground. Cloudflare slowed it down a lot in all the tests I did.

Also try turning off static caching at siteground.

Before and after measure performance of a page at least 3 times and take the average. I use tools like google pagespeed.

Good luck
Dear Captainhaddock... i tried all these methods but seems no difference and i believe it might be caused by some extensions. On the mean time i suspect its a server side issue as well. Anyway, i am getting my site optimized and see if it works better afterward. Thanks for your good suggestions!

Post by hassanalishah » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:18 am

markjacks wrote:It's usually the plugins causing this. I'd disable everything and enabling it one by one for this case.
I think you are right. Perhaps, its the extensions. I will try this method and see if it makes any difference. Thanks for your suggestion!

Post by CaptainHaddock » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:19 am

Hi Hassanalishah,
Your site looks great.
I also have Journal theme and am on Siteground Gogeek hosting. My multistores have a total of about 10,000 products with the largest containing ~7000.
I am also working on speeding my site up. It now does pretty well in Google Pagespeed Insights but I am always looking for improvements.
A few tips from my experience:
1) Test speed of each of main different types of page e.g. Home, Category, Manufacturer, Product. This may help you pinpoint where the problem is. Write down results in a spreadsheet so you can keep track of what did and didn't help.
2) Switch on Journal's caching and indexing functions. Load the pages you are testing so they care cached before you test.
3) When I tried a live help script, I found it slowed site down
4) The Facebook like box slows site down by few tenths of seconds at least. I have same problem.
5) Some of your image files are very large. You might want to try the Image Crusher extension.

Please post here with details of any success you have as I would find that very useful.

Good luck speeding your site up.
Kind regards
Captain Haddock

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:23 am

it's about similar to, what it takes, to unleash the power of OC v.1.5.6.x :
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=152443
Good Luck
Ernie
http://www.bigmax.ch/shop/

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by mmrseobd » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:06 pm

Thank you, this speed up tips help me to reduce few seconds but I need to optimize again to reduce more 6 seconds, Do you know any alternative. thanks.

Location - Dhaka

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:30 am

Probably, but not out of the blue sky ! :D
Better talk Facts, and Links, if you really care about getting some ideas...

Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland