Post by PamelaR1987 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:57 am

Hi everyone. New here just getting started with Opencart and so far i like it and have been able to figure out much on my own, but having trouble with this one area. on my current site i have a retail price and then member price. i also have quantity discount but that is only for members. Im trying to figure out how to add a membership fee and also how to list the quantity discount, keeping in mind that only new or existing members can get the discount. If anyone would be willing to help me figure this out or point me in the right direction, i would be very greatful. Im using OpenCart 1.5.2.1

Thanks,
Pamela

Post by mandamexico » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:35 pm

for discounts: edit your product and click the "specials" tab. select which group you want to give the discount to and set the discounted price. Do not set a start and end date if the discount price will be permanent.

If you havent created any groups go to: sales, customers, customer groups and create however many groups you'd like.

As for membership fees: visit this thread http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=56934

Its a payment gateway that lets you put a subscribe button on any page via html code. Then in the payment gateway manager you can set that specific transaction for any type of recurring billing. If you want more info just google "payflow link" and check out that thread link on the top.

- Christian

My Extensions

OpenCart Developer (OCD) Tools

Donate - If I ever helped you.

Location - Los Angeles, CA

Post by PamelaR1987 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Thank you so much Christian for your reply. working with the discounts, i did what you said, but the one problem i have is that a new person coming to the site doesnt see the reduced prices to encourage membership. Plus once a person creates an account, they still cant see the member prices until i change them into the member group. My old site, i had both price options on the same page viewable at all times and membership was just treated as a product and added to the cart since its a once a year fee. Can you think of any other way to do this? is it possible to have 2 catalogs of products?

Thanks,
Pamela

Post by mandamexico » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:43 am

If you want prospective clients to view membership prices...you can simply advertise (at the top or bottom) of the products page, the difference in price. See, you can always have the discounted price show at the store level by selecting the default customer group via the "specials" tab. BUT that would let membership prospects to purchase at discounted rates. SO your best bet is to just type the difference in price (maybe highlight it bold/red/green) in the products page. OR create banners on your site that promote a percentage discount for members (you can put banners anywhere on your site).

You can have two shopping carts in the same hosting plan. Do a search here in the forum for instructions on that. Though there will also be two different log-in/registration page URLS as well.

Hope this helps,

- Christian

My Extensions

OpenCart Developer (OCD) Tools

Donate - If I ever helped you.

Location - Los Angeles, CA