Post by david007 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:09 pm

Guys,

I had this problem a couple weeks ago and moved my server to a VPS since then i had no problem with the speed of my website but today out of no where it started acting realy realy slow. Could someone please help! I treyed everything rebooted the server cleared all caches everything. The admin page works fast only the front is slow
Last edited by david007 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Avvici » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:59 am

It's really fast for me! Looks good, feels smooth. Perhaps you should consider getting rid of your dial up?

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by david007 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:04 am

avvici wrote:It's really fast for me! Looks good, feels smooth. Perhaps you should consider getting rid of your dial up?
Avvici thanks for you comment. Now its good again there are troubles with the Visitor Tracker after unistalling it everything is back as usual. So a tip to everybody having slow sites unistall Visitor tracker until its fixed!!!

Post by ncdad2four » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:56 am

Guys,

The problem was with the Geoplugin website. That is the site that Visitor Tracker does IP lookups with. The site is back to normal now but I have released two new versions of Visitor Tracker today. One uses the Geoplugin website to do the IP location lookup still and the other has the IP database local and does the lookup locally. No more external sites. You can get the first version from Opencart. The version with the local database will have to be emailed to you or you can create an account on my website and get it from there. Just let me know how you want to receive the update if you want it.

**NOTE: The reason I can't upload the local database version to Opencart is the file size. It is 10MB because of the local IP database and Opencart only allows 5MB. Sorrry I didn't clarify in my previous post. Don't want anyone thinking I am trying to bypass the Opencart site with this **
Last edited by ncdad2four on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by david007 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Ncdad2four,

Boby you'v been a great help everything is back and running in super speed! Thanks for you service and great great extension!!!