Post by KrisFX » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Hello Everyone,

First of all let me thank the developers of OpenCart! I really appreciate your work.

I have a problem where tax is not being applied to random orders. It only happens once in a while and I cannot figure out why. It is not product specific as the same product has been processed multiple times and only once was the tax missing on checkout. I have a geozone set up for worldwide so that wherever a person is in the world they will be charged 13% HST (we are in Ontario, Canada). I cannot duplicate the error and there is no error message in the log for the date that the error occurs.

I am running Version 1.5.1 that was upgraded from 1.4x recently. I figure something went weird with the upgrade? The site is http://www.yogameditationretreats.ca/opencart/index.php

If someone can point me in the right direction or if anyone has heard of this happening before that would be awesome. I can provide more information if necessary.

Thanks,
Kris

Post by florinsith » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:02 pm

it must be some setting you missed when you created the tax. is the tax linked to the worlwide geozone?(edit the tax class in admin and make sure it is.)

My Extensions - SuperTheme - Opencart templates - Opencart modules

Expert Member

Post by KrisFX » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:11 am

Thanks for the reply florinsith.

The tax is linked to the worldwide geozone. Just checked. The problem is that I've been running this store for two years or so and this tax class has been working fine the whole time. It's not like I'm setting up a new tax class and I can't get it working. It is working almost all the time but sometimes randomly lets a customer checkout without tax being applied and then I have to eat that tax. I'm considering doing a fresh install but that would take along time to set everything back up.

Thanks

Post by bsha100 » Thu May 24, 2012 12:51 am

If you are still having trouble with this, make sure that the products are set to 'Taxable Goods' under DATA>TAX CLASS in the product's settings. This could explain why some products are being taxed and some aren't, hence the 'random' behavior.

Post by KrisFX » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:03 am

The Tax Classes are set fine. As I said before one product will be charged tax for one customer and then not for another.

I did some more research and it seems related to customer accounts. If I log in as one customer it will not charge tax. If I log in as another customer it charges tax on the same product. Both customers are set up from Ontario Canada. There is zero difference in there location. There is also only one customer group which is 'default'

I have no shipping option set up. There is nothing we ship as we are selling yoga vacations. There is only one GEO Zone which is worldwide.

Any help would be great as I'm pulling my hair out.

Post by zaidladha » Fri May 12, 2017 5:25 am

Did you ever get this solved? I see the same problem

Post by made2web » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:58 pm

I have the same problem here. Any help?