Post by danswano » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:07 am

Hello,

is it possible to have a pagination for latest module on home page like in category view?
I want to do that to let my customers know every new product added regardless of checking them by category.

Thanks.

Post by TAC » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:10 am

Do you mean you want lots of products to appear in Lastest Products?

TAC

Location - England

Post by danswano » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:17 am

Ever single product but with pagination, like a wordpress blog or joomla.

Post by TAC » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:25 am

Have you tried putting a large number in the 'Limit' box in Admin, Extensions, Modules, Latest?
If it doesn't paginate then you'll need a coding expert to tell you how to get round it.
Hopefully one of the OC experts will be able to help.
Sorry I can't be more useful :)

TAC

Location - England

Post by TAC » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:54 am

By complete coincidence I came across this module and thought it might suit you?
http://www.getclearthinking.com/extra-product-pages

TAC

Location - England

Post by danswano » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:03 am

Thanks dude but i want to modify the core module itself by creating a vqmod but i don't know what to modify. :)

Post by unsilva » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:59 pm

I'm having the same problem here. Any suggestions or solutions found? Thanks.

I'll try to fix it myself. If a can I'll post a response here.

Cheers guys!
Silva out.

Web designer, web developer and proud site creator at http://www.nexio.ro

Location - Romania

Post by granddaddy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:18 am

I've been digging around to try and figure this out for a while - still working on it.
It seems to be similar for any listing page. There is a div with the pagination class that is output, built using vars from an array that is declared beforehand (in the controller I think). The array needs data fed to it. It gets the page var from the end of the url (so it has to send the page var as part of the url when you click next but I think this is probably automatic). But it also involves the controller calling the count function in the model. It needs to add a LIMIT clause to the sql. In the modules that don't have pagination the count function is usually just something like count() with no parameters. I don't think it's a goos idea to alter that function - better to add a new one which is a copy of the first one, altered to match the structure used in, say, the category listing.
The LIMIT clause is done with simple arithmetic - page multiplied by limit = start record number. End record number = start number plus limit-1 or whatever. You can see the code in the controller.
The code I'm scrouring to track all this down is the Customer list in ADMIN, because that was the simplest page type I could find.
This all takes me nearer and nearer to it, but the problem I hit is in the structuring of the URL part of the pagination array - couldn't get it to work.

Post by nyls2002ro » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:06 pm

Please if you find any resolution to this problem.. i have the same problem too.. Cheers!

Best regards!
Nyls2002ro.
Web designer and admin at http://www.tensiometre24.com