Post by hendrickboards » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:37 am

asdfasdfasdfasd
Last edited by hendrickboards on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by JAY6390 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:48 pm

There was a fix for this a while back, however I can't remember the thread now that had it. Basically the button got disabled when you clicked it so that it then couldn't be clicked again. Hopefully Qphoria will see this thread and remember where the fix is

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by mfive » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:30 pm

Any luck on this? I'm having a similar issue...

Post by Tcalp » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Increase Page Speed (#1 rated commercial extension on OpenCart Marketplace)
15in1 Essential Extensions Value Pack Premium Customer Testimonials Reward Points Extended Admin Security Lockdown Suite

irc.freenode.net #opencart

Post by mfive » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:56 am

This works, but it's not good if the customer accidentally enters the wrong information in. They are stuck a white screen with a blue spinning circle wondering how to get back... :-/

Post by Tcalp » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:28 am

*shrugs* , hire a programmer to make it better then

15in1 Essential Extensions Value Pack Premium Customer Testimonials Reward Points Extended Admin Security Lockdown Suite

Post by mfive » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:27 am

I am a programmer. I guess "charged twice" avoidance is something I would consider to be (or should be) an out-of-the-box "feature" for a shopping cart.

Besides, if "hire a programmer" was always the answer to modifying the cart, what would the point of these forums be?

*shrugs*, I guess I didn't realize OpenCart was THAT kind of community.

Post by Tcalp » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:39 am

Well here is my follow-up thoughts:
1) Typically the only reason someone would click twice on the checkout button is if open cart is running so slow from cheapskate hosting that the consumer feels that something is wrong.
2) Someone else mentioned that a potential fix already existed on the forum, instead of looking for it you asked for help.
3) Provided with said potential solution you complain that it's not good enough.
4) Provided with alternate solution you get bitchy.
5) Your a 'programmer' who has been using open cart for over 1 year.
6) You did not pay for Open Cart as it's free as is the advice that people choose to provide on the forum.

So if your not happy with THAT kind of solution here are some alternatives for you:
1) Use Magento Enterprise instead, you'll get support for ~$10,000 per year.
2) Submit a bug report and wait for the developers to fix the problem.
3) Since your a programmer, FIX IT.
4) Hope that someone else comes along to look into the problem to help you.

Post by mfive » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:47 pm

1) You're wrong. Some people (generally the older generation) double-click everything. Your generalization of the error is out-of-context, and quite frankly... wrong.

2) I searched the forums looking for answers and found the original post with no follow-up. Through my search I didn't locate the other fix. Which is why I posted. Sorry for using the community forums for their intended use.

3) I merely stated the major shortcomings that can effect conversion rates. That is important to a cart, right? I didn't think that I was "complaining", as you put it.

4) I did not get "bitchy" at all. You replied in a sarcastic tone with your "*shrugs*" comment. You were the one who acted like a child (or "bitchy", however you want to put it).

5) It's "you're", not "your". And what is the relevance here?

6) Agreed. Again, not sure what your point is? That I don't have the right to express my opinion on people like you who make up this community? Here's my "free" advice to you - don't act like a troll.

I love how you think that Magento is the only alternative to OC. lol @ that.

Since I am a programmer, I will fix it. And will also gladly offer my help, without your negative attitude, to anyone that needs it to hopefully help strengthen the community here. I love the open-source communities and am willing to give back as much as I can to help make it as good as it can be. Maybe you should consider the same?
Tcalp wrote:Well here is my follow-up thoughts:
1) Typically the only reason someone would click twice on the checkout button is if open cart is running so slow from cheapskate hosting that the consumer feels that something is wrong.
2) Someone else mentioned that a potential fix already existed on the forum, instead of looking for it you asked for help.
3) Provided with said potential solution you complain that it's not good enough.
4) Provided with alternate solution you get bitchy.
5) Your a 'programmer' who has been using open cart for over 1 year.
6) You did not pay for Open Cart as it's free as is the advice that people choose to provide on the forum.

So if your not happy with THAT kind of solution here are some alternatives for you:
1) Use Magento Enterprise instead, you'll get support for ~$10,000 per year.
2) Submit a bug report and wait for the developers to fix the problem.
3) Since your a programmer, FIX IT.
4) Hope that someone else comes along to look into the problem to help you.